Free On-Demand Webcast | Augmented Reality for Utilities is Here!Posted to Trimble
image credit: Used with permission.
- Jan 15, 2020 8:30 pm GMTJan 15, 2020 8:47 pm GMT
- 4742 views
Hear Matt Shellenberger, Staff Engineer with American Electric Power, discuss Augmented Reality Practical Applications and Use Cases for Electric Transmission and Distribution Utilities. View today!
Augmented Reality technology is now changing the way utilities can interact with their customers, crews and contractors. From showing customers in the field how designed lines would look on their property to the visualization of buried lines and right-of-ways and from vegetation management applications to street light placement, this free webcast will cover the practical applications, uses cases and benefits of using Augmented Reality technology for electric transmission and distribution utilities. This webcast will also include a primer on Augmented Reality technology and discuss how this emerging and innovative technology is being applied at American Electric Power (AEP), one of the largest electric utilities in the U.S. serving more than five million customers in 11 states. AEP is using an innovative new Augmented Reality solution from Trimble that fuses cutting-edge 3D mixed reality technology with centimeter-precision GNSS to automatically bring to life 3D utility-centric designs in the field at the right location, at the right time. This webcast will also take the discussion a step further and explore what the future may hold for Augmented Reality and electric transmission and distribution utilities.
Join us as Matt Shellenberger, Staff Engineer at American Electric Power covers:
1. AEP view of Augmented Reality for Utilities
2. AEP experience with Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Station standards with the Microsoft Hololens and collaboration with other groups
- Bold App
- VR for training (Fire Ext., Qualified Observer, NESC Clearance, Drones)
3. Augmented Reality Transmission Use Cases and Practical Applications
- Vegetation Management
- Transmission Blowout
- Visualize Encroachment using LiDAR and other data sources
- Visualize Right-of-way
- Overhead and Corridor Planning
4. Augmented Reality Distribution Use Cases and Practical Applications
- Customer and Crew Engagement (touch on stakeless workflow)
- Aerial Lighting Visualization and Placement
- Electric Charging Station and Meter Visualization and Placement
- Underground Visualization of pad mounted assets (transformers, switch gears, etc.)
- Substation Design Verification and Placement
- Measurement Validation
American Electric Power
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Thank PJ for the Post!
Energy Central contributors share their experience and insights for the benefit of other Members (like you). Please show them your appreciation by leaving a comment, 'liking' this post, or following this Member.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.