- Jun 22, 2021 12:06 pm GMT
We asked, and you answered.
A few weeks ago, we asked the community a simple question: What topics should Energy Central be focusing on in the second half of the year?
Our goal was to gather a pulse on the Community and determine what topics should be considered for upcoming PowerTalks, PowerSessions, Special Issues, Podcasts, and more. And I'm thrilled to report: you all delivered!
We thought it would be useful to share some of the key topics that came up time and again in the answers from you and your peers, not only so you know the topics that we're now considering putting more effort into for you, but also so you can consider writing and sharing on these topics to get even better engagement and interaction from the Energy Central Community!
So with that said, see below for the topics of focus that the Community wants to hear more on in the coming months. And if there's anything you think is missing, let us know in the comments.
Energy Central Community Manager
*Note-- this list below has as of July 19 been updated with additional topics that were suggested in the comments section of this article. If you have others you'd like to see added to the list, post them in the comments as well!
Topics of Interest to the Community According to our Community Poll in May
- Data analytics
- Use of digital twins in inspection, operations, and maintenance
- Cybersecurity policies and practices
- Non-generation technology practices
- Grid model data management
- Nuclear micro-reactors
- Nuclear hybrid systems
- Utility-grade battery storage as a DER
- Generating green hydrogen
- Adopt new electric AC motor technology
- Lessons learned from recent extreme weather events and blackouts
- Smart grid proliferation and smart meter opportunities
- Impact of electric vehicles and V2G
- Load shifting and TOU practices
- Case studies on resilience and reliability
- Grid edge technologies
- The duck curve
- Shifting away from gas consumption
- Clean energy financing
- Milestones on the path to a net-zero grid
- Resilience of systems in the face of climate change
- Eliminating digital currency that is consuming vast amount of electricity
- Sourcing of carbon credits in particular valuing offshore carbon credits
Utility Business Focus
- The aging workforce
- Aerial inspection processes
- Focus on buying American
- Skills needed in the workforce to meet next decade's challenges
- Shift to consumer ownership of power production
- Integrating equity into the community
- Fire safety practices for equipment and assets
- Redesigning utility bills
- How to implement hybrid work solutions - the cyber security implications and why it's essential to attract the best next generation workforce
- Rising Customer Expectations for Digital Utility Services
- Revenue and Cost Adjustments
- The possibility of finance problems for the utilities
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.