Podcast / Audio
Episode #38: 'Innovating in the Utility Sector' With Jody Allison of Algonquin Power - [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
The ‘Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast’ features conversations with thought leaders in the utility sector. Each two weeks we’ll connect with an Energy Central Power Industry Network...
- Member since 2020
- 90 items added with 174,004 views
This item is part of the Special Issue - 2021-04 - Innovation in the Power Industry, click here for more
Continuing on Energy Central’s focus on innovation for this whole month, this week’s episode of the Energy Central Power Perspectives Podcast recognizes the external factors that are bringing innovation to the forefront. From the three D’s of decarbonization, decentralization, and digitalization to the unexpected pivots that utilities across the country had to embrace in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, the current climate is making innovation a priority that pervades how we look at energy.
No one recognizes that evolution better than Jody Allison, the Vice President for Transformation at Algonquin Power and Utilities, as she spends he days bringing forth new idea, creative opportunities, and customer empowerment to those in her company and its service area every day. Jody was eager to share with host Jason Price and producer Matt Chester what this innovation looks like from inside the utility board room and how they’re moving well beyond buzzwords but truly embracing necessary change today and tomorrow.
- Efficient Reading: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Energy Efficiency Group – August 11, 2022
- Digital Digest: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Intelligent Utility Network – August 3, 2022
- Management Matters: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Utility Management Group – August 2, 2022
- In honor of National Book Lovers Day (August 9), Energy Central invites authors to share their power industry publications or readers to share their favorite power industry book.
- Episode #90: 'Diving Into Project Nexus And Floating Solar' With Josh Weimer of Turlock Irrigation District [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #89: 'Cranking Up the Impact of Energy Efficiency Across the Country' With Rebecca Foster, CEO of VEIC [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #88: 'Eyes on Energy Efficiency, Grid Resilience, and Clean Energy in the Lonestar State' With Rudy Garza, Interim President & CEO of CPS Energy [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #87. 'Protecting The Grid With Municipal-Level Cybersecurity' With Hong Sae Of City Of Roseville [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Related Special Issue Content
Innovation in the Power Industry - April 2021
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.