Podcast / Audio
Episode #33: 'The Swirling Romance of Utilities and EVs’ with Lincoln Bleveans and Joe Flores of Burbank Water and Power - [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
The ‘Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast’ features conversations with thought leaders in the utility sector. Each two weeks we’ll connect with an Energy Central Power Industry Network...
- Member since 2020
- 82 items added with 155,558 views
For most of their history, the utility industry and the transportation industry have been tangentially associated, but not fully intertwined. Certain small-scale vehicles required electricity, transportation and power both have had to deal with their greenhouse gas contributions, and many forms of transportation were critical to moving electric fuels around the world. These sectors would see each other in passing, occasionally collaborate, but ultimately remain independent. Well as anyone who's recently been to an auto trade show, watched a Super Bowl commercial, or paid close attention to the cars parked at the shopping center knows, it seems like electric vehicles (EVs) have truly arrived. No longer is it a notable event when you spy a Tesla on the road or an EV driver actually using the charger in the parking garage, but rather the pivot point has been reached where EVs are all over the place. As EVs grow in market presence, today's guests find that the separation of utility and transportation is waning. In fact, they'd go so far as to say that the future of these industries is beyond intermingling but will reach a full-fledged marriage where continued success of one is built upon the success of the other.
- On Demand - Town hall Discussion: The Best Utility Response to “The Great Resignation” - [an Energy Central & Utility 2030 PowerSession™]
- Call for Articles - Distributed Energy Resources and Management Systems - [Energy Central Special Issue Series]
- Efficient Reading: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Energy Efficiency Group – May 19, 2022
- Energy Central Announces: The 2022 Innovation Champions
- Episode #81: ‘Utilities Embracing the R&D Role for the Future' with King Look, Director of R&D at Con Edison [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #80: 'Taking a Geographic Approach to Public Grid Investment' with Bill Meehan and Pat Hohl of Esri [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #79: 'Bringing Home the Rural Energy for America Program' with Bob Morgan of USDA and Greg Saubel of Sabuel's Markets [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #78: 'How Wholesale Electric Participants Have Adopted North American Energy Standards Board (NAESB) PKI to Fight Cyber-Attacks & Stay FERC Compliant' with Lila Kee, GlobalSign Chief Product Officer [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
Related Power Perspectives™ Content
Power Perspectives™ Podcasts
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.