Podcast / Audio
Episode #30: 'Keeping Municipal Power Affordable While Adding Solar’ with Jacob Williams, CEO of Florida Municipal Power Agency - [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
The ‘Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast’ features conversations with thought leaders in the utility sector. Each two weeks we’ll connect with an Energy Central Power Industry Network...
- Member since 2020
- 84 items added with 162,762 views
Utilities are increasingly looking to add renewable power to their grids to meet local, state, and federal clean energy requirements, to satisfy climate-concerned customer bases, and to fulfill internal goals of increasing the sustainability of operations. But the addition of clean energy cannot come at an excessive cost that will be passed onto ratepayers that may already be strained with heavy energy burdens in their monthly bills. Balancing these goals, along with the imperative that power remains reliable and resilient above else, means that utility executives are commonly seeing themselves becoming expert jugglers and multi-taskers. As CEO of Florida Municipal Power Agency, today’s guest Jacob Williams take on even more of a stressful task as his organization seeks to answer the needs of the citizens and representatives from their 30+ municipal member organizations.
- Generation Guide: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Generation Network – June 24, 2022
- Customer Corner: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Customer Care Group – June 23, 2022
- Welcome Sean McEvoy, New Expert in the Digital Utility Community- [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Expert Interview]
- Episode #84: 'The Clean Energy Opportunity for Community Energy Providers' With Nick Chaset, CEO of East Bay Community Energy [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #83: 'Embracing The Utility Role Of Community & Economic Development' With Patrick Smith [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #82: 'Highlighting The Performance Incentive Mechanisms To Advance Utility Goals' With Karl Rábago [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #81: ‘Utilities Embracing the R&D Role for the Future' with King Look, Director of R&D at Con Edison [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #80: 'Taking a Geographic Approach to Public Grid Investment' with Bill Meehan and Pat Hohl of Esri [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Related Power Perspectives™ Content
Power Perspectives™ Podcasts
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.