Essential duties and functions may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
• Understands and adheres to all plant safety guidelines and procedures while striving to maintain
an injury-free environment: attends and participates in Plant Safety Committee meetings.
• Controls the ZLD system process through Allen Bradley control system and other process control
• Monitors the operation and performance of the ZLD while on shift: takes appropriate action when
necessary to ensure compliance of safety, efficiency, environmental and administrative guidelines.
• Assists in completing daily, weekly and monthly maintenance actions, plant configuration changes
and varying cake and water production levels.
• Operates the demineralized water production system/trailers and performs water quality testing
to ensure water quality is produced within the required parameters.
• Chemical tote handling is required.
• Identifies problems with ZLD equipment and clearly communicates the conditions associated with
these problems to the Water Treatment Supervisor.
• Participates in plant training and qualification program.
• Performs routine and preventative maintenance when plant conditions allow: assists Water
Treatment Supervisor in shutdown-related maintenance and repair items.
• Performs local area system and equipment cleanup on an ongoing basis.
• Create work requests using CMMS type systems that reflect work performed on shift and equipment
repairs that are needed.
• Understand flow diagrams and P&I drawings
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
• Understand heat transfer and fluid flow
• Understand water level and heat balancing
• Understand how reverse osmosis and ultra filtration works
• Basic water chemistry analysis and trending: ph, conductivity, total suspended and dissolved
solids, silica etc
• Trend daily chemistry and make recommendations for maintaining proper chemistry control to the
Control Room Operator and Water Treatment Supervisor
• Monitor water solids removal and quality control
• Ability to understand and follow chemistry procedures
• Understand, comprehend and trouble shoot system parameters such as temperature, pressure,
flow rate, water production, and other various parameters
• Understand the function of basic system equipment such as: heat exchangers, pumps, transfer
valves, high pressure air systems, hydraulic system
• Familiar with operating steam systems