Utility Construction Superintendent
The Utility Construction Superintendent is a results-driven individual that oversees gas and electric distribution (joint trench) construction projects/program and act as the link between various program parties. The superintendent will lead and manage the on-site construction team and oversee all work on site. Superintendent will be responsible for orderliness on-site and ensure compliance with safety regulations. You will ensure quality standards are met, and all equipment and materials are available as required. You will liaise with inspection authorities regarding approvals. To ensure success you should complete projects on time and within budget, and never compromise on safety or quality. Top candidates will be strong leaders, pro-active, and perform well under pressure.
- Collaborate with engineers, subcontractors, etc. to determine project needs
- Plan construction processes
- Estimate costs and ensure the project is on budget
- Supervise staff and provide constructive feedback
- Monitor project schedules and report on project progress to ensure timely completions of work
- Plan inspections and obtain construction permits from local authorities
- Implement safety and quality guidelines
- Order the appropriate equipment and arrange for regular maintenance
- Keep track of material stock and orders
- Ensure the job site remains safe, clean, and orderly
- Resolve on-site issues and emergencies
- Leading and managing the on-site construction team.
- Coordinating and overseeing all work on site.
- Placing orders for materials and is responsible for equipment and materials on site.
- Maintaining records for site personnel such as daily field reports, field orders, and RFIs.
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience as a utility construction superintendent.
- Knowledge of local quality, safety and health guidelines for construction job sites
- In-depth understanding of construction operations and processes
- Familiarity with California General Order 128, 58-B and CFR 192 requirements
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Proficient with scheduling software, and CAE and CAD applications.
- Proficient with taking and uploading digital photographs.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and to operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to interpret and build according to drawings, specifications, and other documents.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to lead and inspire
- High school diploma required. Degree in Engineering, Construction Management is a plus
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.
CVG is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required Employment Eligibility Verification form (Form I-9) upon hire. CVG participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9 to data from U.S Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.