LS Power is a power generation and transmission group with a proven track record of successful development activities, operations management and commercial execution. LS Power has been involved in the development, construction, or operations of over 42,000 MW of power generation and over 660 miles of high-voltage transmission lines throughout the United States. LS Power is actively developing both power generation and transmission infrastructure to serve the need for new generation and improve the aging transmission system. Highly regarded in the financial community, LS Power has raised over $45 billion in capital to support investments in energy infrastructure.
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION
LS Power Grid (“LSPG”) is seeking a Transmission Operations Supervisor to oversee the operation and control of assets and ensures that LSPG’s Transmission System Operators adhere to all applicable New York Independent System Operator (“NYISO”), North American Electric Reliability Corporation (“NERC”), Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (“FERC”), and Northeast Power Coordinating Council (“NPCC”) compliance standards. LSPG’s Transmission Operations Supervisor is responsible for supervision, training and performance of the LSPG Transmission System Operator(s). In addition, this position ensures the safety of personnel working on the system and reliability of the system under LSPG Transmission System Operators’ control.
- Responsible for supervising all activities and performance of the LSPG Transmission System Operators, including instructing and coaching for compliance with policies, procedures and all regulatory standards
- Oversee, evaluate, and authorize real-time actions that ensure the stable and reliable operation of LSPG’s Transmission System
- Direct timely and appropriate real-time actions during normal and emergency conditions
- Develop and implement operating practices, procedures, and methods that promote the safe and reliable operation of the LSPG Transmission System
- Possess and maintain a valid NERC Transmission Operator or Reliability Coordinator certification
- Work as a system operator on an as needed basis
- Assist the Transmission Operations Manager in developing budgets, work plans, personnel and resource requirements and schedules
- Direct, plan, document, review and/or appraise the work of direct reports
- Assist with the development and training of LSPG transmission operations personnel
- Ensure compliance with applicable guidelines, procedures, record keeping and retention requirements and rules of LSPG, NYISO, NPCC, NERC, and FERC.
- Assist regulatory compliance department with NYISO, NPCC, NERC and FERC periodic reporting requirements
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Pass a 7-year background check
- A valid Driver's License and a good driving record
- Minimum of ten (10) years in transmission system operations or related field experience or knowledge received through formal education, training and/or experience operating a transmission system
- Must have NERC Certification or be able to obtain within six months of employment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project
- Knowledge and understanding of utility business principles, NYISO Manuals and Guides, NERC Reliability Standards, compliance programs and system operations
- Collaborate effectively with a diverse team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Occasional travel may be required
- NYISO experience preferred
This position is located in the Albany/Schenectady, NY area. LS Power offers highly competitive compensation and benefits packages and is committed to the career development of its employees.