Salary Range: $209,013.00 - $261,266.00
The primary responsibility of LES’ Vice President of Technology is providing leadership and strategic direction for the utility’s information and operation technology, communications systems, and cyber security systems to ensure that technology solutions and capabilities are in line with corporate objectives, regulatory requirements and best practices. Specific areas of responsibility include cyber security, enterprise solutions, communications infrastructure, SCADA/EMS, GIS-CAD, technology client services and technology systems. Communicates regularly with external organizations, advisory boards, and LES Administrative Board members.
CORE COMPETENCIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Managing Resources – Monitors resource usage and proactively identifies future need to improve the use of resources and to ensure appropriate resources are available. Develops resource contingency plans to mitigate risk.
- Oversees the development of the division’s budget and monitors, analyzes, and interprets results of financial and operational results to identify trends and recommend actions for variances between budgeted and actual.
Impact and Influence – Successfully collaborates with others to break down barriers and to ensure understanding of the technological needs, concerns, and ideas of the organization. Identifies potential roadblocks to LES’ technological strategy and develops plans to address concerns and create consensus to move technology forward.
- Coordinates with other Executives to evaluate overall technology needs of the organization, establish the company’s technical vision and lead the company’s technological development to support business plans and create new strategic options.
Visionary Leadership – Creates a compelling future vision for the division that inspires commitment and energizes others. Translates that vision into specific objectives and ensures that work is appropriately directed to increase employee ownership of the future vision of the division. Helps division management to better align department work, ideas, actions and goals with expectations and future direction of LES.
- Manages division’s leadership and oversees all functions of the division including delegation of assignments and projects, supporting completion of and completing performance management duties, ensuring training is completed, appropriate staffing levels are maintained for the division, and making hiring, termination, and disciplinary decisions.
- Drives and implements the strategic plan initiatives for the division regarding vision, mission, short-term and long-term goals, fiscal priorities, overall performance standards including industry benchmarking, performance goals, business plans, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Business Management, or similar field, and
- At least ten years of progressively responsible experience, including eight years of management experience in area of assignment; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Master’s degree preferred