Reporting directly to CUC’s Executive Director (ED) or designee, Technical Manager for Oil (TMO) fills a position required by the Stipulated Order (SO) of the United States of America vs. the Commonwealth Utilities Corporation and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Northern Mariana Islands, Civil Case No. CV 08-0051.
The incumbent will be under the direct supervision of the Executive Director or his/her designee.
- He/she is responsible for Environmental, Health, Safety, and Security compliance at the CUC facilities.
- The Technical Manager for Oil will have authority to make decisions for management and operations of the oil related items required by the Stipulated Order and will be primarily responsible for assisting the Executive Director in overseeing all environmental assessment and cleanup projects, all oil spill prevention initiatives, preparedness and response operations and compliance activities and deliverables, on a daily basis as required by the Stipulated Order.
- The TMO shall be the person responsible for maintaining regular contact with staff and contractors regarding Section 311CWA compliance issues and will support the Executive Director in management and operations decisions for the oil related items required by the Stipulated Order.
- Supervises staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff is trained; and, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations.
- The Technical Manager for Oil further develops and executes programs to ensure effective identification and management of the Environmental, Health, Safety, and Security risks posed by CUC’s Operations and businesses, as well as seeking opportunities to deliver both operational integrity and wider benefits to CUC via sustainability initiatives.
- The post holder is expected to enhance the management of risk in the CUC business stream and working with the Management team, use appropriate leadership processes and behaviors to mitigate risk.
- The role will encompass the implementation of EHSS programs including training, raising awareness, managing audits, reporting CUC EHSS compliance, providing technical expertise and support to CUC Management team as required.
- The TMO will be in-charge of training, enforcement and in operational issues having to do with environmental, health, safety, and security compliance.
- Other duties of a similar nature or level as assigned or required.
About this Employer
The Commonwealth Utilities Corporation (“CUC”) is a government utility providing power, water, and wastewater services in the Northern Mariana Islands NMI), a U.S. commonwealth in the western pacific.