NAES Corporation is positioning itself to be the “go to” clean energy service provider for renewables, storage, and EV infrastructure. Market facing services include operations, maintenance, construction, and engineering services. NAES also has a strong traditional O&M services business for plant operations and a strong fabrication, construction, and electrical contracting businesses. Revenues have increased from $450M to $700M over this time frame while profits have nearly tripled. Within the power sector, NAES is the market-share leader of 3rd party independent O&M services with over 150 generating assets under care, custody, and control. NAES plans to reach $1B in revenues by 2025 through continued M&A, organic, and other strategic initiatives centered on growth, expansion of services, and continued focus on the core business (Power Services). Currently, the Power Services division accounts for $400M – $450M in top line revenues. The division has been very stable and predictable while maintaining its market-leading position. NAES is aggressively pursuing its next generation strategy with a large push into the renewable O&M market along with a robust digitization platform for rollout across both fossil and renewable projects.
NAES is in search of a highly motivated, results-driven Senior Vice President of Clean Energy Infrastructure to lead our strategy and growth in distributed generation (DG) and utility scale solar and battery storage O&M and Asset Management. The ideal candidate will have a full understanding of the rapidly evolving Energy market. The successful candidate will possess energy market knowledge and a robust business acumen, capable of conceptualizing and leading a viable growth strategy.
The Senior Vice President (SVP) of NAES’ Clean Energy Infrastructure division will have full P&L responsibility of the division. NAES acquired Bay4 Energy Services, LLC in 2020 to accelerate its market growth into the clean energy sector. The SVP of Clean Energy Infrastructure is responsible for managing all financial, sales and operational aspects of the division including areas for growth: 1) Solar-based Generation, 2) Energy Storage Systems, 3) Utility Scale Solar Systems, and 4) Electric Vehicle Infrastructure. The SVP will direct the aggressive and successful growth of each sub-division while coordinating and partnering with sister companies/subsidiaries. The SVP will be expected to have a solid strategic mind-set and commercial growth focus to assist NAES in becoming the leading provider for clean energy infrastructure services. This is a customer facing role and as such, the SVP will also be responsible for business development, marketing & sales, including relationship building in several adjacent markets, including the IPP and PE owned power generation space along with utilities, municipalities and cooperatives.
The SVP provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure the division institutes the proper operational and administrative controls, and reporting procedures to effectively grow the organization in order to achieve financial goals and operating efficiency. The incoming SVP will be charged with maintaining relationships with current customers at the executive level and building relationships with new customers. This SVP must be able to drive the operations organization into new commercial models and have solid P&L leadership experience.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Leads an experienced and aligned senior management team to grow our renewables and clean energy services businesses.
- Develops strategy to win in; 1) solar distributed generation market, 2) storage system market, 3) targeted utility-scale solar & storage, and 4) Electric Vehicle Infrastructure.
- Develops clear product and service categories that line up with strategic goals and enables growth of the clean energy services business.
- Meet and exceed financial targets that are based on the overall strategic plan and vision.
- Develop growth strategy and be a change agent in the organization focused on driving execution to desired outcomes.
- Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the organization.
- Spearheads the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Assist, as required, in identifying and evaluating potential acquisitions to enable the company to meet sales, growth, and market share objectives.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment and drive the Company Culture.
- Represent the company with clients and business partners.
- Determine and implement best practices and procedures and development of new policies and objectives as necessary.
- Track company metrics focused on maintaining current plans and increasing revenues.
- Budgetary preparation and compliance accountability for assigned division operating budgets.
- Accountable for implementation of projects that generate sales volume to meet or exceed established company budget objectives.
- Accountable for long-range business planning.
- Ability to handle a wide diversity of work situations that are extremely complex in nature. Contacts are made inside and outside the company, clients and suppliers, as well as other departments within the company.
- Interact and report to the Company Board and Shareholders as requested by the CEO.
This position reports to key senior leadership. The SVP is expected to participate & present in board level meetings.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or other related field is desired. An MBA or other advanced engineering or law degree is desired, but not mandatory.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in growing renewables and/or other clean energy business, either on the service or asset side
- At least five years of Senior Management experience with P&L responsibility. overseeing the operations and commercial aspects of a renewable generation or a related business unit(s)
- Management experience involving activities and tasks in multiple disciplines required, including management of tasks involving, budgeting, accounting, and marketing/business development
- Proven ability to develop and maintain executive partnerships within the industry
- Excellent written and presentation capability required
- Strong commercial negotiation skills and ability to be decisive and lead others
- Fundamental technical knowledge of power plant systems, design, and operation strongly recommended
- Exceptional levels of organizational, communication, operational and financial management, assessment, and scheduling skills required
- Proven superior executive management skills in equivalent-level management positions required
Submit your resume here or visit our Careers page at www.naes.com/careers