Supervisor, Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations “OS”
COMMONWEALTH UTILITIES CORPORATION
The Commonwealth Utilities Corporation (“CUC”) is a government utility providing power, water, and wastewater services in the Northern Mariana Islands (NMI), a U.S. Commonwealth in the western pacific. This position is as required by paragraph 11 of Stipulated Order Number One of the United States of America vs. the Commonwealth Utilities Corporation and the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands. This position is sometimes referred to with a slightly different word combination; but the key term is “OS” (Operations Supervisor).
The incumbent will be under the direct supervision of the Drinking Water and Wastewater Division Manager or “DM” (also known as the Division Manager for Water and Wastewater) who reports directly to the Deputy Executive Director or “DED” (also known as the Deputy Director for Water and Wastewater).
- The OS will oversee the WWTP operations on all the islands of Saipan, Tinian and Rota or as applicable.
- The OS is required to understand, develop and implement a comprehensive sanitary collection system condition and assessment program as required under the Stipulated Order.
- Knowledge of asset management procedures and application of SCADA protocols are a plus.
- Understand and use of television and grouting systems for collection system maintenance and FOG (Fats, Oils and Grease) applications are expected.
- Assist and participate in strategic planning efforts, development of long term planning and visioning pursuits, and grant development applications.
- Additional duties and responsibilities are as directed and required.
About this Employer
The Commonwealth Utilities Corporation (“CUC”) is a government utility providing power, water, and wastewater services in the Northern Mariana Islands NMI), a U.S. commonwealth in the western pacific.