Join a member-driven leader in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment with the shared mission of supporting America’s network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 900 not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the “CFC Difference” that encompasses our values of service, integrity and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a Sr. Utility Rate Analyst in the BID - Regulatory Affairs group. In this position you will provide regulatory, rate, operational and managerial consulting services to CFC member systems consistent with applicable state commission and/or Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) requirements
As a Sr. Utility Rate Analyst, you will:
• Assists and provides guidance to electric cooperative management and board-of-directors on contemporary retail rate strategies and options.
• Conducts cost of service studies used in the development of traditional rate design, as well as specialty rates to include residential demand, EV, time-of-use, interruptible, and demand side management for CFC members.
• Analyzes and assesses industry trends, events and federal and state regulatory activities to determine the impact on CFC and its members.
• Prepares competent expert testimony to advocate for the members’ and/or CFC’s positions.
• Develops and presents educational programs on technical issues to effectively and clearly transfer knowledge and skills to diverse constituents.
To be successful, you will need:
• Bachelor’s degree required, business, economics, finance or engineering related degree is preferred.
• Master’s Degree or higher in a relevant field preferred.
• 7 years of relevant utility, state commission, FERC or consulting experience.
• Broad understanding of the principles of rate-making at retail and wholesale levels.
• Proven ability to design specialty rates for individual members.
• Significant knowledge of the regulatory process, testimonial requirements and procedures for state commissions and FERC.
• Proven ability to work across multiple aspects of the electric utility industry.
• Advanced MS Office skills.
• Expert ability to create and deliver presentations with significant verbal and written communication skills.
• Expert ability to think systemically and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with a significant attention to detail.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes short-term and long-term incentive opportunities; an employer-paid pension plan; 401(k); medical, dental and vision insurance; a generous leave policy; onsite gym; and more—all in a friendly, professional work environment. For additional information, please visit our website at www.nrucfc.coop.
CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.