Sr. SCADA IT Systems Manager
Brookfield Renewable U.S.
Join one of the largest renewable owners, operators, and developers in the U.S., delivering innovative, renewable power solutions that accelerate the world towards a sustainable, low-carbon future. With current U.S. assets under management valued at $20 billion and over 190 utility-scale renewable energy generating facilities located across 34 states, Brookfield Renewable U.S. offers a multitude of career opportunities. Our dynamic organization is focused on our mission to optimize and drive value across our renewable energy portfolio, advancing the transition to a sustainable, clean energy future. Our value also extends well beyond the clean energy we produce. From our extensive renewable power fleet, we make positive economic, social, and environmental impacts in the communities where we live and work.
Brookfield Renewable U.S. attracts high-performing individuals who are driven to make an impact in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. We encourage collaboration across all levels of experience to promote learning, generate best ideas, and deliver quality results, with the aim for growth and career development. We offer unparalleled opportunity to lead and manage one of the largest renewable energy businesses with decades of history, while contributing to the global need for sustainable energy.
Manager SCADA IT/Systems
Location: Queensbury, NY
Reporting to the Senior Director - NSCC, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the IT team that manage the operation of the SCADA system, Telecommunication Network, and Security Infrastructure that connects the National System Control Center (NSCC) to Brookfield’s regional generation and transmission assets. The Manager, SCADA IT will be responsible for managing operational risk, operating costs, and compliance requirements associated with their team. They will be responsible for engaging stakeholders in the Control center and Regional Operations to support projects, initiatives, and identify opportunities to drive value within the broader organization.
- Act as the point of contact for Brookfield’s operations while working closely with teams from the regions to maintain reliability.
- Responsible for ensuring effective communications relating to outages that affect Regional availability.
- Direct IT compliance control and monitoring programs to ensure we meet all regulatory requirements and expectations, with particular focus on NERC CIP Standards.
- Participate in M&A due diligence and execution, providing SCADA IT infrastructure expertise.
- Develop and manage SCADA CapEx and OpEx budgets
- Assign tasks and duties to your team to assist in Operations Support and Project Support while maintaining compliance and reliability.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience, including at least 3 years of experience as a technology manager or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing CapEx and OpEx budgets
- Demonstrated experience with common information security management and compliance
- Experience with developing business cases and engaging stakeholders
- Experience with SCADA, Network and Security systems
- Experience in working with Operations in generation or transmission assets
- Ability to lead through influence, develop a strong and engaged team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate with personnel at all levels of the corporation.
- Strong Project, SCADA and NERC CIP management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects and leading technical teams.
- Demonstrated capability to make decisions and to gain cooperation of others.
- Strong communication skills both spoken and written including reporting and documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.