Sr. (Lead) User Experience Strategist II
The Sr. (Lead) User Experience Strategist will be responsible for shaping and communicating PJM's user experience strategies and design. The UX strategist will play a critical role in driving the overall UX practice alongside other UX team members, program managers, business analysts, technical staff and user interface designers to identify requirements, set design goals, study users and craft experiences that translate business and user needs into highly engaging experiences. The UX strategist will champion PJM's user experience practice across the company.
Applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
This position may be eligible for flexible work arrangements. Please consult with your manager to confirm options for flexibility. Business needs and/or on-call responsibilities may require you to report to campus.
In support of this goal, the Lead UX strategist will:
- Partner with key internal and/or external stakeholders across divisions to understand business needs and define user-centric solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Support management in the planning and goal-setting process to continue the evolution and innovation of organizational processes and capabilities.
- A key area of focus will be PJM tool interfaces and websites Advocate for user-centered design solutions where needed across the company's services and processes. Be responsible for building strong relationships across divisions within PJM and outside vendors.
- Act as product owner for PJM websites (PJM.com, subsites and the companies Intranet) for project-based work
- Provide direction to the web posting team and content administrators
- Work closely with ITS and Project Management to complete deliverables for the portfolio projects
- Balance business strategy, research findings, creative innovation and ideation to generate unique, strategic user centric solutions to satisfy a wide variety of needs and goals; introduce this strategy through key business units and stakeholders.
- Create and actively maintain the UX and product visions, strategies and roadmaps
- Use Research-Analysis Design process to facilitate the alignment of business systems with their strategy and business plan, focusing on the people perspective of solutions.
- Conduct/lead various user research activities, including interviews, surveys, focus groups, design workshops, usability testing, etc.
- Gather and analyze quantitative and qualitative data to identify opportunities to improve or create solutions or processes and measure success
- Support product development processes (Agile, BDD, etc.) from beginning to end, including requirements analysis, user research, prototyping, usability testing and review.
- Create and lead the development of site maps, wireframes, user flows, process flows mockups and prototypes as necessary for each product.
- Synthesize user data from many sources to identify opportunities and recommend design directions.
- Review project back log for PJM.com and PJM wired
- Maintain an exceptional level of integrity and customer focus.
- Balance and plan tasks of user interface designers
- Assist in the communication of new products, features and enhancements
- Proactively work with the business owners and corporate communications to provided guidance on how and where to post content.
- Work with the Communications Department as needed to ensure the site is consistent with the PJM brand and the content follows the PJM style guide
- Oversee sr. web content analyst and posting process consultant to ensure that the content of the corporate website and other PJM maintained websites is up to date, accurate, and in compliance with PJM’s Web Retention Policy
- BA, Computer Science or At least 5 years of experience user experience design process and strategy
- BA, Graphic Design or At least 5 years of experience Certificate in User Experience, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction or equivalent experience as a user experience professional
- At least 5 years of experience Hands-on experience with wire framing and prototyping tools, such as Axure
- Ability to produce high-quality work products with attention to detail
- Ability to visualize and solve complex problems
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Experience using effective verbal and written communications skills
- Solid working knowledge of HTML and CSS to better communicate with development team
About this Employer
PJM employees work collaboratively to maintain the reliability of North America’s largest centrally dispatched electric grid and to operate one of the world’s largest competitive wholesale electricity markets.
We seek talented candidates who thrive in a diverse, challenging and creative environment where they have opportunities to grow, learn new skills and build a career.
Learn more about PJM by visiting the Learning Center.