WFG Industrial-The right people and the right projects! WFG has been retained to recruit for a Lead Plant Operator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promote and provide a safe and healthy work environment for employees, contractors and visitors, including the adherence to and effective use of various personal protective equipment, programs, policies and procedures as developed and required by the company.
- Direct, Coach and Develop Plant Operators to meet dispatch outputs to the highest value to the company, safely, and in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Set Operational Priorities on all Maintenance related activities.
- Determine if the electrical outputs were maximized relative to the dispatch.
- Oversee all operational activities at the facility. Make use of PI and various operational data to help ensure optimization and efficiency of the plant from a granular and overall perspective.
- Report abnormal or emergency plant conditions to Plant Management as soon as possible following the appropriate response of the plant upset and or emergency. Take necessary corrective action in accordance with established policies or at the direction of Plant Management.
- Operate and review all operational data, readings, log-sheets, water testing/analyses and take appropriate action to ensure equipment and systems are operating within expected ranges, conditions and overall optimization needed for meeting plant specifications and expectations.
- Refer Human Resources and Collective Bargaining Agreement issues to the Operations Manager as soon as possible.
- Provide guidance to the Maintenance Manager and/or Maintenance Employees relative to equipment conditions and required maintenance activities.
- Oversee the maintenance of the Environmental QA/QC Manual and ensure compliance with all environmental regulatory requirements. Report environmental incidents and near misses to the EHS Coordinator, Operations Manager, and/or Plant Manager as necessary following the appropriate handling of any emergency situation.
- Manage and direct the training of Plant Operators and maintain the plant Training Manual for the Operations department.
- Prepare required reports to Management reflecting compliance with all Safety, Environmental and Revenue goals.
- Maintain the plant Operations Manuals and assure that operating policies and procedures are followed and kept upto- date.
- Provide and assist with developing a positive facility morale. Provide positive motivation for Plant Personnel and handle employee concerns in a professional timely fashion.
- Support inventory tracking and ordering of chemicals, gases, lubricants, etc., as needed for plant operations.
- Assist with the screening and hiring of operating personnel as requested by Management.
Experience & Skills
- Five or more years of power plant or similar experience required.
- Three or more years of combined cycle experience. (250MW Larger)
- Formal training, e.g. Bachelor, Associate, or equivalent degree highly desirable.
- Gas turbine operations experience highly desirable.
- At least 2 years’ experience supervising craft employees highly desired.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated commitment to personal development.
- Intermediate computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with specific emphasis on Excel (including PI) and Word
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and analytical skills who is able to function effectively in a team environment.
Knowledge, Abilities, Qualifications & Requirements
- The Lead Plant Operator position requires shift work and typically a 12-hour rotating shift for the continuous operations of the facility.
- Willing to work overtime, be on call for emergencies, call-outs for shift coverage and work flexible work hours from time to time.
- Develop a good understanding of and ensure operational compliance with environmental and regulatory regulations, rules and requirements, along with response roles to incidents.
- Ability to ensure the overall facility is operationally sound and operated within OEM guidelines and good sound engineering practices.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as a team member.
- Able to and for extended times, be capable of working outdoors and in inclement weather.
- Exposure/proximity to loud noise, hot pipes, high pressure steam and high voltages where electrical shock is a potential hazard.
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Climb vertical access ladders and stairwells.
- Speak and listen clearly.
- See and distinguish the various colors of the light spectrum.
- Able to and for extended times be capable of sitting, reading technical documents and looking at computer monitors.
- Must be able to wear a respirator and various required personal protective equipment eg: Hard hats, safety glasses, ear protection, safety shoes, protective clothing and respirators.
- A valid Driver’s License is required.
- Position requires extended working hours and periodically works additional shifts, weekends, or holidays. The Shift Lead position will occasionally be required to be “on call” as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- This position requires the candidate to complete and pass a post-offer physical examination and drug screening.
- Must be a U.S Citizen and/or legally entitled to work in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions
The above is a general overview of duties and responsibilities, which is not meant to be all inclusive and subject to
change as the facility’s needs evolve and change.
WFG Industrial is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The Workforce Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.