SecuControl Inc. is the US branch of a family-owned manufacturing company with roots in Germany. Our mission is to offer high-quality, safety-focused test interfaces for electric power. We strive for constant innovation and to be the technical leader in our field. SecuControl products are used by electric
utilities around the world. We serve our customers from the United States, Germany and Brazil, as well as through a network of sales representatives and partners. For additional information visit www.secucontrol.com.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You are a great fit if you are self-organized, detail-oriented, comfortable in a small startup team environment, able to keep track of a number of topics simultaneously, enjoy a challenge and thrive on contact with customers.
This position reports to the CEO.
This role is multi-faceted and will principally entail responsibilities in the areas of production
management, technical customer support, and marketing and sales, as described below:
In this part of your role, you will:
- plan, implement and supervise production activities
- establish and supervise quality control procedures, ensuring consistent high quality and on-time delivery
- prepare and accomplish technical product certification
- implement and maintain an internal performance measurement system for quality and delivery to documented goals
Technical Customer Support
In this part of your role, you will:
- identify and meet with existing and potential customers to document and confirm their product needs for communication within SecuControl
- establish and distribute timelines for both internal and external customers
- provide technical support to customers (serve as lead technical support)
- provide technical training and support to other employees, sales representatives and partners
Marketing and Sales
- actively pursue sales leads as identified by the company
- prepare and present sales proposals based on customer needs
- participate in industry trade shows to showcase products
- present products and learn about customer needs on in-person customer visits and in webinars
- develop product ideas and support patent processes
In this position you can gain insight into the operations of a small international business and grow with us.
- Job type: full-time / direct hire
- Salary: commensurate with skills and experience
- Benefits: health benefits, 20 days paid time off, free parking, growth opportunities
- Travel: frequent travel both domestic and international will be required (may initially be limited due to Covid-19)
The following qualifications are required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (or related field)
- Minimum of two years relevant work experience
- Organized manner of work with high attention to detail
- Good time management, ability to work on multiple projects while focusing on priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work well independently and in a team
The following additional qualifications / skills would be positively considered:
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- Production / manufacturing related experience
- Foreign language skills would be a plus (German and Portuguese desirable)
- Additional software skills, e.g. technical drawing software or sales software
- Experience with marketing and/or sales of complex technical products
- Familiarity with U.L. and CE requirements as related to electrical products
Must be comfortable with and committed to a prompt relocation to the general Alexandria / VA area.
Please include a cover letter and include your wage requirements when responding to this job ad.