A primary responsibility of this role will be to implement and run an innovative energy settlement software system with a technology provider to support MCE's power supply portfolio. Additionally, the position supports MCE’s renewable and storage project evaluation process through quantitative assessments of project offers MCE receives from formal Request for Offers (RFO) and ad hoc offers. The position may assist with portfolio monitoring, optimization, position management, price and risk analysis, in addition to supporting new systems integration and implementation.
Essential Duties (Illustrative Only)
- Implementation and transition of MCE’s portfolio of energy contracts to an innovative software system, with support of a technology provider, ensuring that complex settlement terms are accurately translated into the system, with necessary California Independent System Operator (CAISO) meter datasets, prices, settlement periods and other data to timely settle MCE’s power contracts.
- Conduct quantitative analysis of renewable and storage project evaluations for Power Resources solicitations and ad hoc offers, looking at green attributes, CAISO revenues, ancillary services, and resource adequacy value.
- Ensure accurate invoice validation for all contracts and contract types, including Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), Edison Electric Institute (EEI) confirmations, and Western Systems Power Pool (WSPP) for renewable, low carbon, Greenhouse Gas (GHG)-free resources and financial inter-scheduling coordinator trades (fixed hedge transactions).
- Interface with power supply counterparties and Power Procurement Managers on timely invoicing and analysis.
- Work to resolve invoice discrepancies with counterparties in accordance with the contract terms.
- Review and ensure CAISO charge code cost recovery from counterparties as provided for in the contract terms.
- Interact with IT consultants and Scheduling Coordinator agent software vendors for process improvements to resolve system and application issues.
- Serve as point of contact for counterparties in ensuring settlement compliance with supply agreements demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills as well as project management acumen.
- Provide information to assist external accountant with issue resolution as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory/ legislative and market trends and changes as wells as current and future market conditions.