Reliability Supervisor - Power Delivery
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC)
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry, we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
The Reliability Supervisor – Power Delivery leads the Reliability Maintenance and Testing Program (RMTP) and assures compliance of AECC’s Protection System Maintenance Program (PSMP) with directives of the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) applicable to AECC generation, transmission, and substation assets.
- Develops and ensures compliance of annual Protection and Control (PRC)-005-6 NERC and SERC training for district and power plant teams. Ensures Protection System Maintenance and Testing (PSMP)program remains in compliance with NERC/SERC regulations.
- Prepares documentation, responds to inquiries, and testifies in periodic NERC/SERC Mandatory Reliability Standards for the Bulk-Power System (Order No. 693) audits.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance of commissioning and maintenance testing evidence with NERC/SERC regulations.
- Administrator for NERC and non-Bulk Electric System (BES) evidence; Power Delivery annual capital/maintenance budgets; monthly Operations and maintenance (O&M) Variance Reports, Dept. performance metrics, and monthly department reports; Power Delivery purchasing and inventory. Determines stock re-order points for critical inventory.
- Coordinates technical training for Power Delivery technicians by hosting manufacturers of substation equipment and testing equipment.
- Coordinates and prepares 5-year capital and maintenance budget projections.
- Coordinate strategy and procedures for the use of electronic work management systems and retention schedules for recordkeeping systems (Avantis, SharePoint, CCMS, &file shares).
- Supervises staff in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Handles stress effectively and works well with others.
- Bachelor’s degree of Science in Mechanical, Civil, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited University or related field, plus 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office systems including Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Required Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Engineering Intern (EI)
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)
Preferred Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- 1 -2 years management experience preferred.
- Experience in finance or accounting is preferred.
- 2 Retirement Plan Options
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 9 Paid holidays
- Educational assistance
- Paid time off accrual
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.
About this Employer
Arkansas Electric Cooperatives Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the
energy industry, our dedicated team of diverse professionals work to improve the quality of life for Arkansans by providing reliable and affordable wholesale power and services to more than 500,000 members served by Arkansas’ 17 electric distribution cooperatives.