Powder River Energy Corporation
The Regulatory Specialist position supports administration of PRECorp’s NERC regulatory program, portfolio management, and grant writing program. Primary activities to include (but not limited to):
- Assist in selection of applicable grant opportunities for submission
- Prepare competitive and accurate grants following typical grant-writing standards including a persuasive, consistent writing style that meets required grant parameters
- Coordinate regulatory activities, evidence files, and program documentation within PRECorp’s compliance software
- Organize and track compliance documentation, review evidence and support the effective execution of internal compliance procedures
- Build knowledge of regulatory requirements to monitor new policies and changes to existing policies
- Provide support for regulatory engagements including audits, assessments, self-certifications, and routine reporting
- Monitor upcoming funding opportunities and their deadlines
- Develop and maintain relationships with federal, state, and local funders as necessary to gather adequate information to ensure competitive grant proposals
- Support preparation of budget and approval documentation for funding of PRECorp’s capital projects
- Provide project management benchmarking for PRECorp’s capital projects
- Other duties as assigned
Specific Qualifications & Characteristics:
Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
Experience with Microsoft Project & project management
Prior experience preparing and submitting state or federal grants
Experience with RUS design, construction and/or accounting practices
To learn more about Powder River Energy Corporation, to view the full job description and to make an application please go to www.precorp.coop . All application materials must be submitted through the website and need to include a cover letter and resume as part of the application process. Position open until filled. PRECorp is an EEOE and a Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace.
About this Employer
Powder River Energy is a member-owned rural electric cooperative located in beautiful northeastern Wyoming – principally in Sundance, Gillette, and Sheridan.
PRECorp is engaged team of employees with a laser focus on crafting a truly outstanding place to work. PRECorp has earned the Peter Barron Stark Companies Workplace Excellence ‘Best of the Best’ Award for three consecutive years based on employee surveys. We attribute our success to our employees’ dedication to keeping the lights on in northeast Wyoming. Everyone makes an impact to the overall success of PRECorp. We wouldn’t have it any other way. That’s why we provide you with every opportunity to make your voice heard. We’re eager for your input, your ideas, your inspiration. That’s the very foundation that our co-op is built upon.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program that allows you to select the options that best meet the individual needs of you and your family and friends, time off to reach out and help in the community, and tuition reimbursement are a few of the other benefits PRECorp offers our amazing employees. With a team-oriented approach, we think you’ll find that Powder River Energy Corporation offers the ideal atmosphere for your skills, talents, and opportunity for career growth.
With a team-oriented approach and opportunity for career growth, we think you’ll find that Powder River Energy Corporation offers the ideal atmosphere for your skills and talents.
Our teams are welcoming of new ideas and approaches that can help make us be more effective in our services. If you want to truly feel appreciated, understood and part of the team, then Powder River Energy is for you!
Powder River Energy Corporation is an equal opportunity provider and employer.