Regulatory Analyst IV
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation
Home-Based, residing in DE, MD or FL
What makes us great
At the heart of our Company is a dedication to delivering energy that drives progress. We put people first, work to keep them safe and build trusting relationships.
What you’ll be working on…
Your role in our success will be to prepare Company Rate Proceedings and related analysis. You'll assist in developing and implementing new programs, rates, and other regulatory strategies within the proceedings. You will be integral in proposing solutions to key business issues, when necessary, and making oral and written testimony and support to state regulatory agencies.
- Develop understanding of regulatory accounting and analysis to support and prepare regulatory rate proceedings.
- Assist in preparation and support of tools and analysis used in the Company’s rate proceeding filings.
- Prepare regulatory filings and petitions before regulatory bodies including the Public Service Commissions in all of the Company’s jurisdictions.
- Prepare and sponsor formal written testimony and data requests relating to all regulatory proceeding filings.
- Prepares rate and revenue analysis, tariffs and rate designs related to regulated rates.
- Work with state Public Service Commissions (PSC) and Public Counsel/Advocates (OPC) including auditors and staff, along with outside auditors to provide necessary assistance and information.
- Assist with regulatory strategic planning, and development of rates, programs and filings within the Company’s regulatory proceedings.
- Assist in preparation and support of the proper accounting treatment related to PSC approvals within the Company’s rate proceedings.
- Prepare regulatory customer communications.
- Prepare regulatory analysis and other special projects as it relates to rate proceedings.
Who you are...
- You have a four-year degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related field.
- You possess at least five to seven years of utility and regulatory affairs experience.
- It would be preferred if you have a background in utility accounting, financial analysis, regulated utility analysis, rates, and cost of service.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You have a wealth of knowledge of company tariffs, rate design, and regulation.
- You have worked with and are proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Epicor suite, UI, FRx and Business Objects.
- You have a high level of initiative, leadership and enjoy self-direction.
Benefits/what’s in it for you?
- Flexible work arrangement
- Competitive base salary
- Fantastic opportunities for career growth
- Cooperative, supportive and empowered team atmosphere
- Annual bonus and salary increase opportunities
- Monthly recognition events
- Endless wellness initiatives and community events
- Robust and customizable benefit packages-choose what works best with your life. Options include generous 401k, medical, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, compensated volunteer hours and MORE!
- Paid time off, holidays and a separate bank of sick time!
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with a disability that need assistance applying for a position may email firstname.lastname@example.org.