The Rates and Forecasting Analyst (RFA) will support Central Coast Community Energy (CCCE), formerly known as Monterey Bay Community Power, Finance team by building and maintaining financial modeling for forecasting CCCE's revenue requirements and cost of service analysis (COSA) and developing and analyzing long-term retail load forecasts and reporting requirements
The ideal candidate will have solid electric rates and retail load forecasting experience to assist in the development and maintenance of COSA, revenue requirements, and long-term retail load forecasts models. The RFA performs a full range of rates and forecasting analyses under general supervision and minimal detailed guidance of the Manager of Finance & Rates. The RFA develops and maintains analyses on ratemaking and customer impact analysis for the IOU’s in agency's service area, namely Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) and Southern California Edison (SCE). The RFA is responsible to maintain long-term retail load forecasting analyses and be fluent in mathematical reasonings about forecasting methodologies and its implications.
This is not a remote-work position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Illustrative Only)
Ideal candidate should possess energy data analyst experience, with the following responsibilities:
- Develop, modify and maintain financial models for forecasting revenue requirements and COSA. Prepare statistical, feasibility, and sensitivity analysis.
- Conduct monthly bill comparisons with PG&E and SCE to evaluate CCCE’s retail rate structures for competitiveness across all customer classes, including but not limited to, the residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural, standby, lighting, net energy metering (NEM), and electric vehicle (EV) classes. Prepare recommendation of necessary rate adjustments.
- Research legislation and regulatory changes that affect CCCE's rate design and implementation.
- Work on cross-functional teams to set and implement retail rates for periodic rate updates.
- Collaborate with third-party data management service provider to develop and maintain dataset to support long-term and ad-hoc retail load forecasting and reporting requirements. Identify trends in market forces that impact energy use or demand.
- Interactions with third-party data science consultants and internal data analytic team to develop the rate design and retail load forecast functions within the CCCE Data Analytic Platform.
- Assist in annual and mid-year budget and long-term financial proforma development and preparation.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits
The salary will depend upon qualifications and experience of the chosen candidate. CCCE offers a wide range of employee benefits, including but are not limited to: 401(a) Retirement, Health Premium Contribution, Flexible Spending Account, Short- & Long-Term Disability, Life, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays, Cell Phone Stipend, Paid Family Leave of 12 weeks after one year of employment at CCCE.