Property Tax Manager
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
Prepare and/or review all property tax renderings and reports and analyze all tax assessment valuations and abatements. Negotiate favorable tax positions for company with tax authorities.
- Prepare and/or review budget, forecast, cash flow estimates, and accounting for property taxes, sales/use taxes, and excise taxes.
- Preparation of tax protests and representation before taxing authorities on disputed matters.
- Assist in exploration and development of state and local tax planning opportunities to increase earnings and cash flow.
- Supervise and train staff in all company property and sales/use tax matters.
- Assist in development and enhancement of tax systems and tax procedures.
- Coordination of property, sales/use, and excise tax audits.
Assist Vice President, Taxes (BHE) in the development and analysis of state tax policy and state tax legislation.
- Prepare tax aspects of FERC regulatory reports and rate case supporting documents.
Perform special tax projects and analyses, as requested.
- Provide technical tax analysis and support to other departments.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting preferred.
- Minimum six years industry equivalent tax experience, including one year in a senior technical/leadership role.
- CMI, MAI or other appraisal designations/certifications preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of appraisal theory, tax laws and procedures, financial analysis, accounting, and operations of various entities is essential.
- Ability to recognize key drivers in property valuations and their impacts on property tax assessments.
- Extensive interaction with company personnel (both inside and outside the department).
- Creative thinking abilities.
- Strong organization and planning skills required to manage project-oriented work.
- Adaptable and accepting of change.
- Strong state and local technical tax experience – particularly in regulated pipelines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Effective interpersonal skills and leadership abilities.
- Some overnight travel required (10-15%)
- Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.