Project Manager - Transmission
LS Power is a power generation and transmission group with a proven track record of successful development activities, operations management and commercial execution. LS Power has been involved in the development, construction, or operations of over 41,000 MW of power generation and over 660 miles of high-voltage transmission lines throughout the United States. LS Power is actively developing both power generation and transmission infrastructure to serve the need for new generation and improve the aging transmission system. Highly regarded in the financial community, LS Power has raised over $45 billion in capital to support investments in energy infrastructure.
General Position Description
LS Power is seeking a Project Manager to manage a variety of strategic business initiatives and small capital and O&M projects for the company’s growing electrical transmission business. The projects could support numerous business units in the organization including engineering, maintenance, procurement, and compliance to name a few. The Project Manager will also lead program development of a comprehensive maintenance program across LS Power’s regulated transmission entities. The Project Manager will track, plan, and evaluate transmission assets of multiple utilities in operations within the U.S. The Project Manager will have management responsibility of transmission utility asset metrics and will establish, track, and plan asset maintenance activities of transmission assets, transmission system availability, annual budgets (costs and labor) safety, etc. and report out to the business leaders. The Project Manager will have support from and collaborate with subject matter experts across the functional groups supporting the business including operations, maintenance, accounting, and safety, among others. This position will report directly to the Director of Asset Management with exposure to all facets of the business.
- Manage small capital and O&M Projects, or strategic business initiatives
- Develop, track, and support planning of maintenance of transmission assets.
- Develop, track, and analyze transmission asset availability.
- Develops policies, strategies, and programs to support business objectives.
- Review, evaluate, and recommend asset strategy projects and long-term plans.
- Assist with new asset integration for new projects / entities in the LS Power family of companies
- Assist with and support new business development initiatives as directed by management
- Manage and mitigate asset related business risk and opportunities.
- Understand and apply industry standards, applicable state and federal regulations.
- Prepare status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Leverage industry organization and peers to establish best practices.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical preferred) from an accredited university.
- 5-10 years of experience, preferably in the electric utility, consulting, or contracting industry
- Pass a 7-year background check
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project
- Be able to work within the requirements of a regulated utility
- Effectively manage multiple assignments occasionally under time constraints
- Collaborate effectively with a diverse team
- Solutions focused team player
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work independently with direction on a regular basis
- Ability to learn new software as necessary
- Occasional travel may be required, approximately 20%
This position is available in our St. Louis, MO office. LS Power offers highly competitive compensation and benefits packages and is committed to the career development of its employees.