WFG Industrial has been retained to hire for a fulltime position.
Location: Bridgeport, CT.
Start Date: ASAP
Position Summary: The Maintenance Manager is responsible for maintenance and engineering support functions and performing/managing plant improvement projects. This includes scheduled overhaul project planning and execution, vendor and contractor oversight, as well as providing guidance and support for plant maintenance programs using predictive and preventive maintenance techniques. The Maintenance Manager also manages the maintenance personnel at the facility, and provides technical support for plant and process improvements, and other engineering functions as assigned.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform and evaluate plant specific functions related to predictive and preventative maintenance, availability improvements, and the cost of production:
A. Coordinate and conduct performance, functional, and surveillance testing of plant systems and components. Compare data with established standards, and interpret data with respect to component wear, malfunction, and necessity for repair or replacement. Continually attempt to improve all plant equipment performance.
B. Utilize tools and analysis techniques to identify developing equipment issues that might cause future forced outages.
C. Provide assistance in the development of preventative maintenance and scheduled maintenance activities.
D. Plan and execute effective safe plant outages to meet all facility goals. Identify and build professional relationships with quality contractors to perform quality work on-time and on budget.
E. Driving force for a proactive safety culture with all employees and contractors. Involved in all aspects of developing and sustaining a safe work environment.
F. Evaluate equipment failures and assist with Root Cause Analysis to prevent reoccurrence.
G. Working closely with the Operations Manager to track facility service hours, equivalent starts and other operating parameters to regularly update Major Maintenance Inspection schedules for combustion turbines. Update Major Maintenance expense projections for inspections and overhauls. Track component repairs and schedules to ensure availability of replacement or refurbished parts.
1. Directs the activities of personnel assigned to the Maintenance Department to ensure that generating requirements and plant efficiency are maintained, and that local, state and federal safety and operational environmental standards are met. Ensures that facility work tickets are completed and closed out using the CMMS.
2. Assist General Manager in developing annual maintenance budgets.
3. Responsible for the site CMMS program. Proficiently utilize CMMS to schedule work, prioritize work orders, maintain inventory, and procure parts and materials.
4. Provide coaching, training, and development opportunities for the maintenance team to ensure appropriate skill sets are maintained and personnel are qualified for the activities with which they are being asked to perform.
5. Assist in the investigation of plant problems, incidents, accidents, and unusual events, and provide analyses, recommendations, reports, and appropriate follow-up plans.
6. As assigned, conduct inspections of boilers, pressure vessels, turbine, generator, and auxiliary equipment during forced and annual outages.
7. Provide technical support in preparation of specifications, evaluation of bid proposals, and monitoring contractor work to assure contract compliance. Oversight of contractors during outages to ensure proper QA/QC procedures are followed during execution of the work
8. Assignments will involve coordination with Corporate Engineering, external contact with maintenance and engineering firms to discuss field changes, manufacturer sales representatives and service personnel and vendors to discuss new or modifications to existing equipment, resolve problems and exchange information. Has frequent internal contact with various plant personnel including shift supervisors, technicians and plant operations and maintenance personnel, to resolve problems, provide technical support and exchange information.
·Must have a valid driver’s license
·Occasional overnight travel is required
·Must be physically able to transit plant facilities and stairways
·Must be able to work in a standard office environment and operate a computer and other office equipment
Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or equivalent experience preferred. 10+ years of power plant or similar experience required. At least 5 years’ experience supervising technical, supervisory and administrative personnel required. Strong leadership and motivational skills required.
The Workforce Group is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The Workforce Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.