JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job satisfactorily. Essential functions are those activities that, if not performed, would significantly and fundamentally alter the position. Level of complexity and % of time performing job functions vary by level of incumbent.
# EF % of Time Job Functions
1. EF 15-30% Software Systems Development - Maintains and assists in development of custom application integrations, data processing scripts, web based applications, desktop applications and Microsoft Excel based analysis models/tools. Assists in and performs database development. Assists in management of IIS administration and provides troubleshooting of application deployments. Develops and maintains experience in xml based integration technologies and industry standard data exchange protocols. Assists in the maintenance and in the development of web based applications using industry standard development frameworks. Provides support to automate and streamline current analysis tools. Develops automated workflow processes and escalations. Develops reporting to support business processes.
2. EF 20-30% Systems Analysis/Implementation – Assists senior level staff to implement proposed systems designs and implement Energy/Planning/Trading (EPT) technology. Performs training documentation. Higher level incumbent performs systems analysis, design and implementation. Troubleshoots system technical and coding problems or errors. Develops timelines, resource requirement estimates, documents, and revises system design procedures, test procedures and quality standards. Manages Energy/Planning/Trading (EPT) business software projects of medium scope and pieces of larger projects. Supports or leads feasibility study development and alternatives for problems of varying complexity. Participates in cross-functional teams and collaborates to make architectural decisions related to software products, technology and system tradeoffs.
3. EF 25% Trading Operations/Business Analysis – Maintains and supports trading models and systems. Participates in the analysis of strategies designed to further the Districts presence in current or emerging markets. Acts as a liaison between the front office, system operations and the real-time services provider. Higher level incumbent produces detailed documentation of systems and processes developed. Provides training to other departments on technologies and techniques utilized as well as the systems, processes and applications developed. Implements and documents new and existing EPT software work procedures.
4. EF 10-25% End User Support– Provides 24x7 on-call basic application, transaction processing and hardware support to end users.
5. EF 5% Middle/Back Office Support – Assists in the maintenance and support for systems utilized by the District’s middle and back offices, including those systems dedicated to credit reporting, index processing and billing/invoicing.
Depending on level, higher level incumbents may also have the following essential functions:
- System Documentation & Training - Produces detailed documentation of systems and processes developed. Provides training to other departments on technologies and techniques utilized as well as the systems, processes and applications developed.
- Trading Operations/Business Analysis - Participates in the analysis of strategies designed to further the Districts presence in current or emerging markets
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualifications listed below are representative of those required, but reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative area such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Finance or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred for senior level candidates.
Experience performing applications development, programming, or systems analysis is desired for level I candidates. Level II - Senior requires two - eight years’ experience in systems analysis/design and development; utility industry experience preferred; experience in energy planning and trading strongly preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual is required to have knowledge of PeopleSoft Time Entry/HRIS; Microsoft Outlook; Microsoft PowerPoint; Servers; General Office Equipment; Microsoft Access; Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio; Microsoft Visual Studio; Microsoft Windows Powershell ISE; CADSWES Riverware; OATI WebTrader, WebScheduler; OATI WebAccounting; Microsoft Visio and Oracle SQL Developer. Intermediate knowledge is required in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Advanced knowledge is required in PC Hardware.
In addition to a competitive salary range (based on qualifications, skills and abilities), Chelan PUD employees also enjoy outstanding benefits which include the option of a zero cost medical plan (medical, dental and vision for all eligible dependents), short and long-term disability, Washington State Public Employee's Retirement System, Deferred Compensation (with company matching funds up to 5%), 11 holidays and initial personal leave accrual at 21 days per year.
Competitive salary ranges: Level I $77,725 - $78,500; Level II $76,000 - $95,000; Level III $90,640 - $113,300; and Senior (preferred) $102,880 - $128,600.
Chelan County PUD is located in the geographical center of Washington State at the confluence of the Columbia and Wenatchee rivers. A public power leader, the complex and progressive nature of PUD operations offer a unique mix of challenges and opportunities.
We rely on the mighty Columbia River for much of our hydropower generation and we're proud to take a leadership role in environmental stewardship as related to this great river system. Each year we dedicate millions of dollars and thousands of work hours to protect and enhance fish, wildlife and plant ecosystems. As part of hydropower operations, we've also built 14 parks that serve more than 3 million visitors each year.
Rated by Forbes in 2017 and 2019 as one of the top 25 places to retire, Wenatchee is a recreational paradise with an abundance of adventure. The natural scenic beauty of the Wenatchee Valley provides a vivid backdrop to its thriving economy, where the quality of life is high and the climate is moderate with four distinct seasons, including more than 200 days of sunshine!
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply on-line at http://www.chelanpud.org/about-us/careers
This position is Open until Filled. If applying for this position, a RESUME and COVER LETTER will be required summarizing specific experience and interest in the position/community. To expedite the application process, combine your cover letter and resume into one WORD or PDF document before applying (we do not accept .wps documents) and upload when requested through the online application process. Incomplete application materials will not be considered.