Title: Performance Engineer
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Develop and lead a remote monitoring, diagnostics, and predictive maintenance program for a mixed fleet of fossil power
and renewables. Primary duties will include the development of predictive modeling tools utilizing pattern recognition
software, remote emergent troubleshooting support, operations, and maintenance support to multiple facilities. No prior
predictive modeling experience is required, but the candidate must be a strong PI historian user and familiar with using
computer programs to diagnose and troubleshoot power plant equipment and systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist in managing and expanding a fleet-based Condition Based Maintenance program utilizing monitoring and
diagnostics tools, actively troubleshooting emergent issues, and providing maintenance planning support by
tracking and monitoring fleet wide equipment performance indicators.
2. Develop, maintain, and calibrate predictive models.
3. Provide reports related to equipment issues to operations and maintenance management teams.
4. Maintain tracking tools, catalog, and capture monitoring and diagnostic events.
5. Apply best practices and lessons learned from monitoring and diagnostics data to predictive models.
6. Interact with operations, maintenance, and engineering teams to troubleshoot and diagnose data anomalies.
7. Ability to cross-train in remote operations of gas turbine power generation facilities and wind facilities.
- Familiarity with multiple types of Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, and Wind Turbines is preferred.
- Experience modeling and creating data analyses using predictive monitoring software is preferred.
- Able to create data analyses using Excel tools including PI.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and PI-historian, PI-AF, and PI-Vision.
- Programing language knowledge in java script and VBA is preferred.
- Excellent technical competence with strong attention to detail.
- Able to organize and document complex maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
- Able to understand and to troubleshoot complex mechanical and electrical systems.
- Self-directed and able to work with little or no supervision and adapt and re-prioritize tasks as required.
- Planning, organizational, and project management skills.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- A strong communicator and have effective oral and written communication skills (includes technical writing).
- Ability to effectively communicate to both craft labor and upper management.
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to serve as team project lead.
- Ability to provide guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Ability to think analytically and to solve complex problems.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
Required Job-Related Qualifications:
1. 4 Year Engineering Degree preferred and 5 years relevant power plant experience, or
2. 10 years relevant experience with combined cycle power plant O&M or Engineering experience.
3. Wide variety of mechanical and electric power plant equipment knowledge is preferred.
4. Able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work in industrial environments 25% of the time.
5. Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to different power plants within our portfolio.
6. Must be able to work full time in the Charlotte office with a small percentage of working remotely.
7. Ability to work in an office environment and to operate computer and other office equipment.