Manager of Distribution Operations Oversight
Long Island Power Authority
Who We Are
Do you want to join a team that values Service, Collaboration and Excellence?
Do you want to work with an organization that is lean, green and customer focused?
If yes, then check us out!
The Long Island Power Authority (“LIPA”) is a not-for-profit utility with a mission to enable clean, reliable, and affordable electric service for our customers on Long Island and the Rockaways.
We are a team of motivated, engaged and exceptionally talented self-starters, willing to roll up our sleeves and do what is necessary to get the job done. If you are interested in joining this dynamic team and have a passion to learn, develop and want your experience to make an immediate impact, please apply.
What We Offer
LIPA offers a thriving company culture, exceptional colleagues, and great benefits. We offer an environment of continuous development and growth. Our benefit package includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental and vision insurance at no cost to employee
- Paid holidays and generous leave time
- Professional development opportunities
- Educational assistance opportunities
- Multiple retirement plan options with company contribution
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending account
- Life Insurance
- 529 College Savings Program
- $300 Wellness Reimbursement
What We Want
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field, and a minimum of 10 years of experience in electric transmission and distribution system design, construction, and maintenance.
- Experience with substation relay protection, including DER protection, overhead protection, and Automatic Circuit Restoration, ADMS (Advanced Distribution Management Systems,) DERMS (Distributed Energy Resource Management Systems,) OMS (Outage Management System,) and AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure) and NPCC/NERC standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong critical thinking and data analytical skills, including strong database and spreadsheet experience.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships within LIPA and with service provider.
- Proficiency in using standard office equipment and programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of contract administration and ability to adeptly handle confidential contractual and legal documents and matters.
What You’ll Do At LIPA
The Manager of Distribution Operations Oversight is responsible for fulfilling LIPA’s mission to provide clean, reliable, and affordable electric service for our customers by overseeing the reliable and cost-effective operation, maintenance, and construction of the transmission and distribution system. This position reviews and provides feedback on proposed capital improvements, blanket reliability programs, and monitors storm response and costs.
The Manager of Distribution Operations Oversight also:
- Oversees the development and implementation of an Enterprise Work and Asset Management System (e.g. Maximo.)
- Monitors the transparency of completed work, both Capital and O&M, and compares to the plan and budget.
- Reviews, monitors, and assesses the Service Provider’s plans for improving the performance of the system, including storm hardening initiatives, introduction of advanced distribution technology, and physical and cyber security programs.
- Acts as SME to drive the business solution for asset compliance and predictive maintenance inspection cycle (i.e. Maximo Health.)
- Monitors Distribution system performance against industry standards and recommends changes and improvements to meet or exceed industry best practices.
- Monitors Distribution system outages and incidents and oversees the Service Provider’s investigation of root cause analysis, including relay operations and responses.
- Reviews Service Provider’s grid modernization plans and provides technical critique of proposed system protection, design, SCADA technology, and AMI system integration.
- Collaborates with other LIPA departments to oversee and assess the Service Provider’s day-to-day operation and the resiliency of the Distribution system.
- Oversees the Service Provider’s development of the distribution system to support NYS CLCPA (Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act) goal.
LIPA is an equal opportunity employer.
Applying: Interested parties should submit their cover letter and resume to Barbara Ann Dillon, Director of Human Resources and Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org