Depending on the volume of applications, this position may close to external applicants before the job posting end date expires.
About the Company
Becoming the leading energy company in Louisiana - helping our people and state thrive - means being mindful of the larger opportunities and evolving needs of all those we serve. So today at Cleco, we’re working from a view that starts behind the lines. Where we can see the full picture of possibilities and technologies. To line up our customers and communities with systems and services that power the good life today. And better lives tomorrow. We’ve always believed that electricity is something more than just electrons. To us, it’s the fuel for more productive days and work. The current that brings all of us closer together. The conduit that connects Louisiana’s present to Louisiana’s future.
The Sr IT Financial Analyst will be an experienced professional with extensive knowledge and experience analyzing financial data, monitoring and investigating variances and preparing financial reports. Responsible for tracking project expenses and preparing cost projections.
- Identify cost saving opportunities
- Meet budget constraints
- Participate in the annual strategic project review process
- Evaluate Digital Technology financial performance by analyzing actual results with budget plans and forecasts, making recommendations for improvement to Digital Technology leadership
- Maintain and enhance monthly Digital Technology financial reporting, contributing in the monthly reviews and budget variance discussions with department leadership.
- Identify opportunities to improve Digital Technology processes and controls, updating documentation as appropriate.
- Submit needed project proposals and maintain existing projects in SAP PPM
- Assist with and support invoice processing and resolution of vendor invoicing issues
- Create and maintain financial and ad hoc reports to support Digital Technology leadership.
- Assist project managers with financial forecasting needs for projects managed in the Digital Technology department
- Coordinate with budgeting and accounting to ensure Digital Technology financial matters are conducted in compliance with established guidelines.
- Work closely with Digital Technology leadership to develop and maintain departmental budgets and forecasts.
- Complete special projects assigned by Chief Information and Supply Chain Officer.
- Identify trends and gaps in transaction details that result in inaccurate reporting and propose changes to correct.
- Prescribe guidelines or policies to analyze and resolves problems, solves problems in straightforward situations, analyzes possible solutions using technical experience, judgments and precedents.
- Action Oriented
- Communicates effectively
- Ensures accountability
- Optimizes work processes
- Tech savvy
- Analytical skills
- Financial Reporting & Data Analysis
- Planning, Forecasting, Budgeting
- Financial Systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 3+ years of related experience
- SAP experience preferred
- Excellent presentation skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively within Digital Technology and across the company
- Strong understanding of Excel with fluency in formulas and functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
About this Employer
Cleco Corporate Holdings LLC is a regional energy holding company that conducts its business operations through two subsidiaries, Cleco Power and Cleco Cajun. Headquartered in Pineville, Louisiana, and in business since 1935, the company has approximately 1,500 employees.
Cleco Power is a regulated electric public utility that owns 10 generating units with a total nameplate capacity of 3,360 megawatts, 11,935 miles of distribution lines and 1,317 miles of transmission lines. Cleco Power uses multiple generating sources and multiple fuels to serve approximately 288,000 customers in Louisiana through its retail business and supplies wholesale power in Louisiana and Mississippi. The company also has access to purchased power when it’s needed and when it’s more cost effective than our generation.
Cleco Cajun is an unregulated utility company that owns eight generating assets with a total nameplate capacity of 3,555 megawatts and contracts serving nine Louisiana cooperatives, three wholesale municipal customers and one electric utility.