Depending on the volume of applications, this position may close to external applicants before the job posting end date expires.
Becoming the leading energy company in Louisiana - helping our people and state thrive - means being mindful of the larger opportunities and evolving needs of all those we serve. So today at Cleco, we’re working from a view that starts behind the lines. Where we can see the full picture of possibilities and technologies. To line up our customers and communities with systems and services that power the good life today. And better lives tomorrow. We’ve always believed that electricity is something more than just electrons. To us, it’s the fuel for more productive days and work. The current that brings all of us closer together. The conduit that connects Louisiana’s present to Louisiana’s future.
The IT Business Analyst will focus on optimizing the use of software investments, analyzing data to facilitate decisions and providing insightful recommendations for solutions. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and will engage with the business to identify needs and issues and document those requirements. Using fact-based analysis, he or she will translate those requirements into the solution that meets the needs of the business objectives.
- Assess business needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes). Helps align technology solutions with business processes
- Analyzes business partner’s systems and operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities for improvements
- Develops, writes, and communicates business requirements for the implementation of business solutions. Creates user stories, use case diagrams, and value stream map
- Develops test cases and validates test results. May review and approve test plans and monitors testing process to ensure that business results are adequately tested with minimal risk
- Investigates problems and develops recommendations for resolution
- Identifies risk associated with solutions and collaborate with IT resources for mitigation strategies
- Develops communication materials such as presentations, and written and oral communications
- Establishes and maintains relationship with business partners in order to provide appropriate solutions. Keeps business partners informed of problems, issues, and resolutions
- Analyzes performance metrics to ensure customer satisfaction. Articulate the business impact of opportunities and problems through financial and non-financial analysis
- Ensures accountability
- Tech savvy
- Optimizes work processes
- Cultivates innovation
- Communicates effectively
- Strategic Planning
- Computer Skills
- Project Tracking and Reporting
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Presentation Skills
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field.
- Workday Experience Preferred
About this Employer
Cleco Corporate Holdings LLC is a regional energy holding company that conducts its business operations through two subsidiaries, Cleco Power and Cleco Cajun. Headquartered in Pineville, Louisiana, and in business since 1935, the company has approximately 1,500 employees.
Cleco Power is a regulated electric public utility that owns 10 generating units with a total nameplate capacity of 3,360 megawatts, 11,935 miles of distribution lines and 1,317 miles of transmission lines. Cleco Power uses multiple generating sources and multiple fuels to serve approximately 288,000 customers in Louisiana through its retail business and supplies wholesale power in Louisiana and Mississippi. The company also has access to purchased power when it’s needed and when it’s more cost effective than our generation.
Cleco Cajun is an unregulated utility company that owns eight generating assets with a total nameplate capacity of 3,555 megawatts and contracts serving nine Louisiana cooperatives, three wholesale municipal customers and one electric utility.