ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation the following:
- Documentation, Quality, and Compliance - Manage all project drawings and documentation throughout the construction phase of a project. Assist with material tracking and traceability. Verify compliance with all specifications, standards, codes and drawings. Ensure quality and completeness of project closeout documents.
- Technical Guidance – Provide in field technical guidance on projects and documentation when required, escalating any issues to the engineering team for resolution. Meet with the Engineering team to review the design of the project prior to construction. Ensure that construction adheres to the drawings provided, and work with the Engineering team on any variances from design.
- Field Change Management - Works with the field personnel and subcontractors to create the RFI and route for approval. When a response to the RFI is sent back to the field, ensure that the changes detailed in the response are adhered to. Review field-based changes to ensure compliance, safety and quality meet or exceeds project objectives.
- Liaison - Act as a liaison between the field and the Engineering team. All contact with the Engineering team will be coordinated through the Field Engineer. Work with the PE on changes made to the project during the construction phase.
- Safety – Work with crews and subcontractors to promote a safe working environment. Utilize stop work authority if unsafe practices or unsafe work conditions exist on the job site. Perform safety observations, recognize safe actions and assist with safety incident investigations as required.
- Municipal, State, and Environmental Permit Compliance – Ensure that work is executed in compliance with jobsite permits and environmental compliance as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or construction management is required.
- This position requires a minimum of 4 years of experience as an Associate Engineer or Project Engineer. Experience should include gas, electric, sewer and/or water construction.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Candidates and incumbents need to have the following skills:
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and work creatively in a team environment to resolve.
- Ability to respond in a flexible manner and to reprioritize work as the situation demands.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including internal resources and clients.
- Ability to read and interpret communication styles of team members and clients who come from both technical and non-technical disciplines.
Candidates and incumbents need to display the following behaviors;
- A drive to succeed in a team environment,
- The ability to provide superior service.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made when requested by the employee to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Incumbents will constantly utilize written and verbal communication skills including active listening and speaking.
- Incumbents will regularly; experience periods of prolonged sitting, standing, walking, travel/drive a vehicle and routinely lift objects up to 25 lbs., occasionally up to 50 lbs.
CVG is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required Employment Eligibility Verification form (Form I-9) upon hire. CVG participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9 to data from U.S Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.