POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN MULTIPLE STATES: Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland, Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan
*Use the Direct Apply link above to access the application for the state you're interested in.
Grid One Solutions is seeking a full-time Experienced Utility Pole Restoration Foreperson to join our organization.
Who Are We?
Grid One Solutions, LLC is a North American Utility Contractor with employment opportunities across the United States. Grid One Specializes in AMI meter deployments for electric, gas and water utilities. In addition, Grid One performs meter reading, customer call center operations, and field service work to include distribution and transmission, pole inspections, treatments and restoration, joint use attachment surveys and storm support services. Each one of our job opportunities are an excellent starting point for gaining the necessary experience to begin a career path in the Utility business.
Grid One offers certified training for all services with full time positions that are supported by great health benefit packages with competitive pay and advancement.
Because Grid One is a subsidiary of Utilicon Solutions, who is an Asplundh Company, which is a leading national provider of infrastructure services and solutions for utilities, power producers and energy-intensive customers, Grid One is a great choice for your Utility career!
- $2,500 Sign on bonus for experience candidates after 90 days!
- $500 Recruitment bonuses for bringing experienced candidates with you!
- Safety, Quality and Production Bonuses paid weekly!
- Rapid Advancement Opportunities for Qualified Candidates!
- Top of the line equipment.
- Paid classroom and skills training
- Production bonuses paid after training and promotion to Foreperson.
- Full Benefits from hire which include, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k)
- Vacation paid after one year of employment.
- Six Paid Holidays after probation period
Essential Job Functions within Safety, Quality and Production Requirements:
- Hiring, training, and supervising a crew of 1 to 3 people.
- Maintain all tools, vehicle, and equipment.
- Achieve expected safety, quality, and production goals.
- Collect field data and maintain daily and weekly reports.
- Familiar and capable of operating restoration equipment.
- Strong leadership skills required.
- Ability to recruit and train people.
- Valid Driver's License: Must have a clean Driving Record, free of any major moving violations within the last three years; minimal non-moving violations.
- Computer and smart phone literate
- Ability to read maps and navigate in congested areas.
- Independently manage time and workload to meet deadlines.
- Mechanically included and has experience with a variety of tools.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions applicable.
- Physical Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., and ability to comfortably walk at a steady pace throughout the workday.
- This is a minimum 40-hour work week and Saturdays considered inclement weather make-up days.
- Willing to travel locally, statewide, and regionally as needed. Overnight stays will be necessary.
- We are a Drug Free Workplace; Employees at all levels are subject to pre-employment as well as random drug screens throughout the duration of the project.
- Are you at least 21 years old?
- Are you eligible to work in the United States?
- Are you willing to submit to a post-offer drug screen?
- Are you willing to submit to a post-offer Motor Vehicle Record check (MVR)?
- Do you have a valid Driver License?
Range of Motion
Hearing - Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting to 10 lbs.
Lifting over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs.
Lifting to 50 lbs.
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the Corporate EEO Officer at 1-800-248-8733.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
About this Employer
Grid One Solutions (formerly VSI Meter Services, Inc.) specializes in AMI deployments for electric, gas and water utilities. In addition to smart grid implementation services for in-home displays and load control devices, Grid One performs meter reading, customer call center operations, field service work, joint use attachment surveys, storm support services, NESC clearance audits and utility asset inspections, construction and contractor management services, pole maintenance, pole restoration/reinforcement, infrared inspection, utility pole asset management solution, field system integrity surveys, gas meter corrosion mitigation and lead testing, and back office services including secure data transfer and storage. In February 2012, Utility Meter Services, Inc. merged with Grid One, almost doubling the size of its operations in North America.
With headquarters in Aston, Pennsylvania, Grid One has deployment facilities across the United States and parts of Canada. Grid One is part of UtiliCon Solutions, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Asplundh, a major supplier of outsourced field services to utilities and municipalities. Asplundh is a privately-held company, founded in 1928, which currently employs over 33,000 people in the U.S., Canada, Australia and New Zealand.