Experienced Electrical Engineer - Industrial Engineering Energy Resources
Power System Engineering, Inc.
Power System Engineering, Inc. (PSE) is a full-service consulting firm for electric utilities, independent power producers and commercial and industrial facilities. This position will provide consulting services to PSE clients in the industrial and energy resources sectors in accordance with national and state regulatory agency codes and standards.
The following are essential responsibilities of this position and do not include marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. The scope and duties of this position may change or be altered based on the business needs of the company. The basic requirement of every position is to perform all tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Provide a wide range of engineering and technical consulting services to PSE’s commercial and industrial clients in the region.
- Design commercial and utility scale electrical systems for distributed energy resource (DER) projects. Project types include solar PV, energy storage and microgrid related technologies including the interconnection design at primary and secondary distribution voltages. (System capacity range from 100kW to 100MW+)
- Prepare layouts and provide input for design proposals and drawings which will include site plans, power/signal/lighting plans, one-lines, industrial control systems.
- Proactively pursue continued education, training, certifications, and opportunities to network within the industry.
- Direct, coordinate, and carry out the development of engineering designs and studies.
- Establish and maintain on-going client relationships within the industrial and renewable energy industry.
- Work in cooperative fashion with other PSE team members to improve our efficiencies and work product.
- Employ strong project management and client and vendor relationship building.
- Work with client management and staff to understand concerns and scope of work.
- Mentoring less experienced team members
The following are minimum requirements of this position.
- Professional Engineer license preferred or ability to obtain one within a 1-year period of hire date.
- The candidate must have a BSEE.
- Relevant professional or technical background with generally 3-years or more years of experience with emphasis on commercial and industrial facility / site power distribution, and control/signal systems.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit MEP, SKM Power Tools, ETAP, and MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to design and administer multiple projects of varying size and scope simultaneously through all design and construction phases
- Experience in performing power system studies such as load flow, arc flash, short circuit, overcurrent coordination and power quality analysis.
- The candidate shall be self-motivated and have experience in developing construction bid documents for commercial and industrial facilities.
- Working knowledge of applicable NEC, IEEE, and ANSI standards is highly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to apply effective verbal and written communication skills when writing specifications, preparing technical reports, contributing to or leading project team discussions.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 15%) for team meetings, client consultations, site assessments, and construction inspections – occasional overnight travel may be required.
Internal: Peers, management.
External: Electric utilities, state and local governments, consultants, construction contractors, vendors.
About this Employer
Power System Engineering (PSE) is an employee-owned industry leader, and full-service engineering and consulting firm consisting of a breadth of experienced and professional engineers, economists, and financial analysts with a focus on the electric power and industrial sectors.
Since 1974, our success has rested on our PEOPLE. We value the talent, work ethic, supportiveness, down-to-earth values, and team spirit demonstrated by our colleagues.