Engineer, Water & Wastewater
COMMONWEALTH UTILITIES CORPORATION
- To perform field measurements for distance, elevation, flows, pressures and other elements related to water and sewer system designs, including configuration of water/sewer facilities, utilizing surveying equipment and GIS system.
- Design size and length of water mains, capacity (pumping rate and head) of booster stations, size, slope, and distance of sewer gravity mains and force mains, size, pumping capacity, and liquid level control of Lift stations.
- Design drawings to portray facilities to be constructed based on completed design and specification preparation for water systems and water sources, transmission and distribution pipelines and storage tank, including wastewater systems and facilities sewer lines, sewer pumping stations and treatment plants.
- Writes reports for engineering feasibility analysis, evaluations, such as water and wastewater flow, well production, water loss, electrical consumption, system hydraulics.
- Prepare scopes of work for a variety of A&E consultant services related to existing and proposed water and sewer systems; Analysis of water system operation performance by pressure zone.
- Operations support such as review of operating mode and system configuration, water leaks detection, repairs and recovery of water loss.
- Ensure proper installation and monitoring of pilot control system using supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA).
- Effects repairs to multiple emergency power generators for the wastewater lift stations;
- Responsible for overseeing the engineering aspect of the water and wastewater system operations modifications, maintenance and repairs.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
About this Employer
The Commonwealth Utilities Corporation (“CUC”) is a government utility providing power, water, and wastewater services in the Northern Mariana Islands NMI), a U.S. commonwealth in the western pacific.