The NERC CIP Advisor / Engineer is responsible for completing compliance tasks including documentation of CIP-related activities for FirstLight assets. This individual also provides coordination in managing and developing programs and processes to monitor and implement risk-based compliance with NERC CIP requirements, and supports the delivery of training related to risk-based compliance monitoring.
- Provide support to the Manager, Regulatory Compliance as directed.
- Develop and manage monitoring and oversight activities, including associated project plans and test procedures, to develop high quality oversight programs and processes to support NERC’s risk-based compliance monitoring and CIP enforcement program.
- Execute, control, and proactively manage project schedules, including risk identification, risk mitigation, and change management.
- Perform and track required updates to software, equipment, and documentation.
- Identify, develop, and effectively deliver training.
- Assist in the ongoing development and improvement of NERC CIP compliance monitoring and enforcement program policies, procedures, rules, and other activities.
- Report on project status, risks, and achievement of key milestones.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Capable of frequently standing; walking; balancing; sitting; climbing (ladders, stairs, ramps, catwalks and the like as required); stooping; squatting; crouching; crawling; and kneeling as needed.
- Must be physically capable of entering and working in confined space (crawl spaces, shafts, small enclosed areas, pipes and the like) as needed.
- Must be physically capable of performing demanding work at various heights and in adverse conditions during operations, shutdowns, and in fire/emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate keyboard, copier, telephone, and the ability to write and/or type.
- Estimated Travel Requirements - 25%
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Qualifications / Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Engineering or Information Technology is required.
- 3+ years of experience in the auditing, utility regulatory, compliance, and/or engineering experience.
- Experience with North American Electric Reliability Council (NERC), Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) regulations and ISO-New England rules and procedures.
- Knowledge of the NERC CIP Compliance, NERC Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Program, and NERC Rules of Procedure.
- Professional certification such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information
- Systems Auditor (CISA) or other information security credentials are desirable.
- Experience with or exposure to SCADA networks is preferred.
- Experience with firewall administration is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas and recommendations orally and in writing.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed multi-tasking skills.
Why Work for FirstLight?
We consider our employees to be FirstLight’s most valuable resource and we strive to provide a challenging, collegial, and rewarding workplace. FirstLight embraces a company-wide commitment to recruit, develop and retain a dedicated, diverse, and engaged workforce that is motivated to be ever better both professionally and personally.
Joining the FirstLight team is an opportunity to experience a unique and exciting culture. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flex Spending & Health Savings Accounts
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development
- Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Matching Program
And so much more!
FirstLight is a leading clean power producer and energy storage company with a portfolio that includes nearly 1.4GW of pumped-hydro storage (including Northfield Mountain, the largest energy storage facility in New England), battery storage, hydroelectric generation, and solar generation—the largest clean energy generation portfolio operating in New England today. We have approximately 125 employees based in Massachusetts and Connecticut, and our corporate headquarters are located in Burlington, MA.
Our mission and vision is to accelerate the decarbonization of the electric grid by owning, operating, and integrating large-scale renewable energy and storage assets to meet the region’s growing clean energy needs and to deliver an electric system that is clean, reliable, affordable, and equitable.
Building upon our industry-leading experience in operating large-scale renewable energy and storage assets, FirstLight’s vision and commitment to leading the energy industry transformation makes us uniquely positioned to navigate rapidly evolving market conditions and grow our portfolio in New England and other US markets in the years ahead.
FirstLight values the following characteristics and behaviors in our team members:
- Respect: Showing respect for each other and the environment, fostering an inclusive and diverse team of employees, and providing a strong commitment to social responsibility
- Integrity: Exemplifying integrity in all business decisions highlighted through honesty, transparency, and trust.
- Safety: Providing a safe environment for our employees and for all visitors to our recreational facilities.
- Excellence: Continually striving to achieve the greatest level of operational excellence so that we produce the highest quality output and consistently deliver results.
- Innovation: Dedication to creating new market-leading solutions to stay ahead of unprecedented changes in the energy industry.
- Team: Creating an inspiring workplace that fosters open communication, collaboration, and accelerates personal growth. We seek to attract, retain, and develop the best talent in the industry to fuel our success. Diversity is a strategic advantage we need to cultivate.
FirstLight provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, we make our hiring and employment decisions on the basis of merit. Except as otherwise provided by law, employment practices will not be affected by an applicant’s or an employee’s race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, criminal record, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. In addition to federal law requirements, FirstLight complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.