Depending on the volume of applications, this position may close to external applicants before the job posting end date expires.
About the Company
Becoming the leading energy company in Louisiana - helping our people and state thrive - means being mindful of the larger opportunities and evolving needs of all those we serve. So today at Cleco, we’re working from a view that starts behind the lines. Where we can see the full picture of possibilities and technologies. To line up our customers and communities with systems and services that power the good life today. And better lives tomorrow. We’ve always believed that electricity is something more than just electrons. To us, it’s the fuel for more productive days and work. The current that brings all of us closer together. The conduit that connects Louisiana’s present to Louisiana’s future.
The Engineer II – Generation Project Manager is an experienced professional with knowledge of and some experience in own engineering discipline and project management. Responsible for leading project teams across departments (i.e. cost controls, construction managers, budgeting, project sponsors, analytics, legal, etc.) to develop a scope of work, budget, specifications and schedules while applying engineering principles and techniques in the planning, implementation and management of large capital generation projects (greater than $1 million) for both Cleco Power and Cleco Cajun. This includes new construction of new plant assets/equipment as well as the rehabilitation/upgrading of existing assets. Monitors the project’s status/health using P6 software. Provides monthly project updates to all stakeholders associated with the project. Contributes to the fulfillment of departmental technical projects and objectives. Builds knowledge of the Engineering/Project Management processes and customers.
- Provides technical execution of defined activities to support the delivery of department initiatives required to achieve efficiency, effectiveness, and innovation objectives.
- Have a strong understanding of a project’s impact to the company, and the business drivers that support the project.
- Works and coordinates activities across multiple business lines (tax, procurement, analytics, legal, operations, etc.) to ensure a successful project deliverable.
- Capable of completing specialized or highly complex processes or activities, requiring some interpretation of practices, and an understanding of policies and programs.
- Leads a team through the discussion, evaluation, recommendation ad resolution of project issues covering many situations.
- Leads and facilitates project team meetings on monthly or weekly basis depending on the phase of the project.
- Conducts project accountability meetings with management utilizing P6 to update/explain project status.
- Leads customer meetings with project sponsors/asset owners to update them on the status of the project and inform them of any project changes or issues.
- Provides oversight/guidance to team members who perform single or multiple tasks,
- Possesses social and communication skills necessary to lead a team, as well as effectively communicate with peers, customers, and upper management.
- Scope of work is clearly articulated and project based, may support multiple projects to enhance their discipline’s agile approach.
- Considers future implications beyond the immediate problem, and is not closely supervised
- Works with a moderate level of guidance concerning project management.
- Action Oriented
- Business Insight
- Communicates effectively
- Cultivates Innovation
- Decision Quality
- Drives results
- Optimizes work processes
- Analytical skills
- Engineering design
- Engineering implementation
- Engineering specification
- Engineering testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum
- FE Certification preferred
- 3+ years of related experience
About this Employer
Cleco Corporate Holdings LLC is a regional energy holding company that conducts its business operations through two subsidiaries, Cleco Power and Cleco Cajun. Headquartered in Pineville, Louisiana, and in business since 1935, the company has approximately 1,500 employees.
Cleco Power is a regulated electric public utility that owns 10 generating units with a total nameplate capacity of 3,360 megawatts, 11,935 miles of distribution lines and 1,317 miles of transmission lines. Cleco Power uses multiple generating sources and multiple fuels to serve approximately 288,000 customers in Louisiana through its retail business and supplies wholesale power in Louisiana and Mississippi. The company also has access to purchased power when it’s needed and when it’s more cost effective than our generation.
Cleco Cajun is an unregulated utility company that owns eight generating assets with a total nameplate capacity of 3,555 megawatts and contracts serving nine Louisiana cooperatives, three wholesale municipal customers and one electric utility.