At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
***We are open to any location in the US for this role
Do you want to help save the planet? Do you want to directly contribute to an organization committed to reduce its customer carbon footprint by 1 Gigaton of Carbon Dioxide? As a world leader in creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments, it’s our responsibility to put the planet first. For us at Trane Technologies, sustainability is not just how we do business—it is our business. Sustainability is at the center of our strategy and influences how we make every decision.
This role is critical to Trane’s mission, which is to reduce the energy intensity of the world, and our strategy of bringing new transformative offers to our customers. The Manager of Energy Projects & Market Intelligence is critical to the success of Trane’s Energy & Grid Solutions (EGS) business. EGS provides a range of electricity and natural gas management services to commercial and industrial clients including grid solutions comprehensive projects, competitive energy brokerage & procurement, energy hedging strategy management, renewable energy and energy efficiency opportunity management, wholesale energy market access, and management of client participation in demand response, peak load management, and other electricity market programs. This role will lead a team of market analysts and project managers that play a critical role in the EGS growth strategy. Primary responsibilities for this role include supporting project development of complex grid solutions projects; scoping and fulfilling various energy projects for clients to achieve savings and sustainability objectives; providing energy market intelligence and advice for clients; and competitive intel to best position Trane’s offers and growth strategies.
- Interface directly with existing and prospective clients to identify client needs and connections to Trane solutions.
- Define the scope of innovative energy and sustainability projects to meet client needs. Examples include sustainability advisory services, renewable energy opportunity assessments, tariff rate analyses to capture savings.
- Define budget and timeline to complete client projects. Oversee and directly participate in completion of client projects.
- Support project development of grid solutions projects with expertise in targeted electricity market programs and quality/timely materials to teammates to define scope, cost, value, and other project requirements. Grid solutions projects including demand response, peak load management, energy storage management, and similar electricity market opportunities.
- Manage market and competitive intelligence functions to support high quality insight and advice to Trane clients on energy management decisions; and support EGS leadership on target markets and competitive positioning.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Energy Projects and Market Intelligence team while also contributing directly to projects and initiatives (player-coach)
- Be proactive and highly responsive to needs of clients and internal teammates
- Drive for increased linkage between EGS solutions and clients and account managers of traditional Trane sales offices and traditional Trane solutions.
- Continually validate the effectiveness of EGS processes and identify and develop improvements.
- Effectively develop and utilize standard work to streamline processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, technology, finance, or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience including roles demonstrating expertise in one or more of the following: energy & grid services markets, corporate sustainability and clean energy strategies, professional consulting services and project management, natural gas markets including renewable natural gas, utility tariff structures and rate components, strategic energy management, and client account management.
- Prior leadership required
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and presentations.
- Excellent presence and judgment in calls and meetings with clients at all organizational levels and with internal colleagues and leaders.
- Ability to work effectively with remote and diverse teams.
- Familiarity with traditional Trane solutions and business streams including contracting, controls, service, and systems desired
- Ability & willingness to travel up to 20% in the future
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
About this Employer
We are climate innovators with the courage to look at our world’s challenges and see endless opportunity. We aren’t afraid to make bold commitments that set new standards to enhance the health and well-being of our communities, customers, employees and planet.
Together with our brands, Trane and Thermo King, we bring efficient and sustainable climate innovations to buildings, homes and transportation.