Energy Content Expert - Engineer
Are you an Energy Guru who'd enjoy serving as our subject matter expert on energy utility topics?
We are looking for a special individual who has significant experience working in the energy industry or with electric or natural gas utilities. Not only will you become our inhouse expert who researches and develops technical content for energy utility customers, but you'll also get a chance to moderate Questline webinars. The ideal candidate has excellent writing and speaking skills and can explain complex energy topics to a general audience. In your cover letter, tell us about your unique combination of Technical Skills + Presentation Skills. We are excited to meet you!
Energy Content Expert - Engineer
CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES (Essential Functions): This position is chiefly accountable for providing resources to outside clients and internal teams, delivering educational presentations to utility clients and customers, and ensuring the technical accuracy of Questline's content and communications.
- Serve as Questline's energy subject matter expert
- Review all Questline content prior to publication to ensure technical accuracy; review and update catalog content to ensure continued accuracy
- Develop technical content for articles, videos and multimedia assets to ensure quality standards and client expectations
- Identify topics for newsletters and content solutions; advise internal editorial teams on energy trends that are relevant to Questline clients
- Create and deliver webinars to educate energy utility clients and their customers; identify new topics and update or repurpose existing webinar content to remain current
- Monitor energy trade journals, associations, websites and other appropriate sources to stay abreast of current technologies and industry trends
Energy Content Expert - Engineer needs:
- 8+ years of experience working in electric utilities, natural gas utilities or other energy field
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, energy or related subject
- Recognized state or national certification in engineering or energy management
- Deep knowledge in a broad range of energy-related areas
- Excellent writing, presentation and speaking skills
- Ensures high quality: Dedicates required time and energy to assignments or tasks to ensure that no aspect of the work is neglected; works to overcome obstacles to completing tasks or assignments
- Takes responsibility: Accepts responsibility for outcomes (positive or negative) of one's work; admits mistakes and refocuses efforts when appropriate
- Stays focused: Uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with work completion
- Remains open to ideas: Listens to others and objectively considers others' ideas and opinions, even when they conflict with one's own
- Learning agility: Rapidly learns and applies new job-related information; demonstrates a continuous learning orientation
- Positive willingness to commit passion and energy to getting the job done
- Ability to approach things differently in creative, innovative problem solving
- Willingness to embrace change, always grow and learn and to never settle
- Ability to be an internal and external partner who collaborates, stays open-minded, and focuses on relationships
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard Office Environment; Hybrid Remote/Office. While we prefer local candidates who could come to our Dublin, OH office, we will consider remote applicants as well.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Questline does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters.
DEPARTMENT: Creative & Content Strategy
WORKING TITLE: Energy Content Expert - Engineer
STATUS: Full-time, exempt, regular business hours
REPORTS TO: Content Director