Electricity Marketing Analysis Sr. Specialist
Southern California Edison
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become an Electricity Marketing Analysis Sr. Specialist at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you will provide analytical support for projects and initiatives that will help shape the corporate and resource planning strategy of SCE with a focus on grid decarbonization, renewable integration and clean electrification. This support will include performing price forecast, capacity expansion and production cost modeling, quantitative analyses of energy markets and policies, evaluating the cost-effectiveness and viability of new energy resources (i.e. renewables, energy storage, distributed energy resource, electric vehicles etc.), and running grid simulation models to forecast system operations and economics in various future system scenarios. This support will influence corporate strategic planning, resource procurement, policy decisions, regulatory and legal proceedings, and future investment strategies.
As an Electricity Marketing Analysis Sr. Specialist, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Utilizing and developing analytical models and grid planning simulation tools to develop resource portfolios under various future scenarios, and forecast the impacts of those portfolios on system pricing, GHG emissions, and other system and market dimensions.
- Performing long-term price forecast for energy, ancillary services, capacity, natural gas, and GHG, and improving forecasting models when needed.
- Providing analytical support for SCE’s strategic planning process and projects including performing economic analyses and analyzing market sizes and opportunities for new energy resources.
- Evaluating the cost-effectiveness of proposed generation resources, including renewables and distributed energy resources, and transmission and distribution projects.
- Conducting research and building analytical models for evaluating energy policies, market price impacts, regulations, and new business models.
- Presenting to department and division management, section supervision, colleagues and other interested parties.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related discipline.
- 5 years of analysis experience.
- 1 year of power system modeling experience on capacity expansion/ production cost modeling.
- Experience with power systems, and/or Independent System Operator (ISO) markets.
- Graduate Degree in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or a STEM discipline.
- Three or more years of experience building, analyzing, maintaining complex production cost simulation/unit dedication, optimization, or power system modeling in the LMP or energy markets.
- Experience with commercial production cost simulation models, and/or capacity expansion models.
- Experience with power system market operations, operational planning, trading, and/or analysis of energy markets.
- Understanding of Economic theory and experience of forecasting, planning, and analyzing market trends.
- Experience in using data skills leveraging languages like SQL, Python, R and other tools to provide solutions to process large data sets.
- Experience in the energy markets or working in a utility environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the California Independent System Operator (CAISO), or other ISO market design.
- Experience researching information, analyzing it, preparing reports and making recommendations.
- Experience developing and delivering technical presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience completing multiple projects concurrently while adjusting to changing priorities.
- Experience interfacing and collaborating with clients, peers, management, and other departments.
- Ability to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
You should know …
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, the hiring process, and more!
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. Please access our Information Guides to reference test(s): Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test 8203). Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.