One Tech Engineering
One Tech Engineering is searching for an Electrical Engineer position located in Bloomington, Minnesota. The Electrical Engineer will perform engineering for and specify the AC & DC equipment required for interconnecting solar arrays with the customer’s electrical service and the grid.
The candidate must be a US Citizen or a green card holder, the position is not eligible for sponsorship. The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and 4-7 years electrical engineering experience.
Local candidates preferred. This is not a remote position.
Electrical Engineer Responsibilities
- Design custom equipment specifications with external suppliers.
- Ensure designs meet all applicable codes, industry standards, utility requirements and customer specifications.
- Review drawings and calculations performed by other drafters and designers.
- Review Utility interconnection requirements; communicate with Utility regarding the same.
- Obtain and review data sheets for equipment and integrate into design.
- Produce Utility Interconnection documents including one-line, site plan, grounding transformer, relay settings, relay programming, wire & raceway, equipment elevations, labels and placards, fuse curves, and utility exception requests, as-Built Electrical drawings.
- Perform occasional site visits to analyze unique site conditions.
- Work with third-party engineering firms when they are leveraged for work or specific expertise.
- Work with Estimators to identify equipment options and facilitate selection.
- Work with Procurement to review quotes and drawings that meet time & budget constraints.
- Work with field electricians to provide input to facilitate interconnection start-up.
- Assist in diagnosing system issues during O&M.
Requirements of the Electrical Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- 4-7 years electrical engineering experience.
- Solid comprehension of medium and low voltage AC, relay controls.
- Solid understanding of 3 phase power including phasor concepts and fundamental principles.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of current NFPA & NEC and ability to keep up to date with codes.
- Reading and creating electrical drawings such as one lines and equipment schematics.
- Proficient using design software such as AutoCAD, Sketchup, Layout, Bluebeam, or similar.
- Power Systems or Solar Photovoltaic Systems Experience
- Professional Engineer License (PE) in Minnesota
- Solid comprehension of Schweitzer products such as AsCelerator, SEL Grid Configurator, SEL751 relay and SEL851 relay
- Knowledge of SCADA
- NABCEP PV Design Specialist
Email Applications to: email@example.com