POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN MULTIPLE STATES: Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, Illinois, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia
*Use the Direct Apply link above to access the application for the state you're interested in.
Grid One Solutions is seeking a full-time Electric Utility Industry Crew Member to join our organization!
Who Are We?
Grid One Solutions, LLC is a North American Utility Contractor with employment opportunities across the United States. Grid One Specializes in AMI meter deployments for electric, gas and water utilities. In addition, Grid One performs meter reading, customer call center operations, and field service work to include distribution and transmission, pole inspections, treatments and restoration, joint use attachment surveys and storm support services. Each one of our job opportunities are an excellent starting point for gaining the necessary experience to begin a career path in the Utility business.
Grid One offers certified training for all services with full time positions that are supported by great health benefit packages with competitive pay and advancement.
Because Grid One is a subsidiary of Utilicon Solutions, who is an Asplundh Company, which is a leading national provider of infrastructure services and solutions for utilities, power producers and energy-intensive customers, Grid One is a great choice for your Utility career!
- Sign on bonus after 90 days for qualified candidates!
- Paid classroom and skills training
- Full Benefits which include, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k)
- Vacation paid after one year of employment.
- 6 Paid Holidays after probation period
- Rapid Advancement Opportunities!!
- Safety, Quality and Production and Attendance Bonus Potential!
Essential Job Functions within Safety, Quality and Production Requirements:
- Safely operate company vehicle, if applicable and qualified
- Utilize equipment to dig ground material around utility pole.
- Apply wood preservatives to the ground line area of a pole.
- Drive steel into the ground to assist with restoration of poles.
- Installation of steel trusses for deterioration of wood poles
- Completes all work in an organized, timely manner.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Foreperson.
No Experience Required!
- Ability to travel away from home state for short and extended periods to various job sites when necessary.
- Proven ability to work with various hand tools, including but not limited to shovels, digging bars and drills.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work in terrains consisting of rocky, steep, and uneven ground, wetlands, and flat areas.
- Physical Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs and ability to comfortably walk at a steady pace throughout the workday.
- Valid Driver's License: Must have a clean Driving Record, free of any major moving violations within the last three years; minimal non-moving violations. DL not mandatory but preferred.
- We are a Drug Free Workplace; Employees at all levels are subject to pre-employment as well as random drug screens throughout the duration of the project.
- Are you at least 18 years old?
- Are you eligible to work in the United States?
- Are you willing to submit to a post-offer drug screen?
- Are you willing to submit to a post-offer Motor Vehicle Record check (MVR)?
- Do you have a valid Driver License?
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Range of Motion
Hearing - Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Lifting to 10 lbs.
Lifting to 50 lbs.
Lifting over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
About this Employer
Grid One Solutions (formerly VSI Meter Services, Inc.) specializes in AMI deployments for electric, gas and water utilities. In addition to smart grid implementation services for in-home displays and load control devices, Grid One performs meter reading, customer call center operations, field service work, joint use attachment surveys, storm support services, NESC clearance audits and utility asset inspections, construction and contractor management services, pole maintenance, pole restoration/reinforcement, infrared inspection, utility pole asset management solution, field system integrity surveys, gas meter corrosion mitigation and lead testing, and back office services including secure data transfer and storage. In February 2012, Utility Meter Services, Inc. merged with Grid One, almost doubling the size of its operations in North America.
With headquarters in Aston, Pennsylvania, Grid One has deployment facilities across the United States and parts of Canada. Grid One is part of UtiliCon Solutions, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Asplundh, a major supplier of outsourced field services to utilities and municipalities. Asplundh is a privately-held company, founded in 1928, which currently employs over 33,000 people in the U.S., Canada, Australia and New Zealand.