Electric Utility Engineering/Operations Manager - System Operations Technical Support Manager
Electric & Gas System Operations Technical Support Manager (Engineering/Operations Manager)
The City of Tallahassee – Your Own Utility has two immediate openings for Electric Utility Engineering/Operations Managers. This advertisement is for the Engineering/Operations Manager – Power Management & Control (Job ID 180974) position in our System Operations Technical Support Team. This is a leadership position reporting to the Assistant General Manager, Electric System Operations.
Tallahassee is a vibrant City that is home to Florida’s state government, two major universities – Florida State University and Florida A&M University, as well as one of the largest community colleges in the state – Tallahassee Community College. Centrally located in the panhandle, Tallahassee is only hours away from white sandy Gulf beaches, Walt Disney World and the Atlantic Ocean. Tallahassee has one of the top parks and recreation departments in the country and was recently named an All American City for the 2nd time. Leon County Schools were recognized by the Florida State Board of Education as an Academically High Performing District for the second year in a row.
Tallahassee’s Electric Utility provides reliable electric service to over 123,000 customers in a 221 square mile service territory that includes both the City of Tallahassee and portions of the unincorporated areas of Leon County. A full service vertical electric utility, Tallahassee has 700 MW of generation located at three sites, 60MW of solar under a Purchase Power Agreement, 224 miles of transmission (115kv & 230 kv), 28 substations with two more in engineering, and 3,631 miles of distribution. The City’s Electric Utility is registered as a Balancing Authority, Transmission Owner/Operator and Generation Owner/Operator under the NERC Reliability Standards.
Tallahassee Electric has been recognized nationally and regionally for its strong performance. These recognitions have included the APPA E. F. Scattergood Award, two APPA DEED Energy Innovator Awards, FMEA Safety Award, six time APPA Reliable Public Power Provider at the Gold level and Power Magazine naming the City’s Hopkins Generating Plant one of the Top Six Gas Fired Power Plants in the World.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITES
This position provides leadership and management to the Electric & Gas As the Engineering/Operations Manager for System Operations Technical Support team. In this role, the successful candidate will lead a group of Power Management and Control Engineers who provide computer and network support the technical support for the Electric Utility Electric Control Center as well as the Electric and Gas Utility GIS team. Day–to-day responsibilities include:
- Ensuring reliable operations of the Electric Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system
- Maintaining the Electric Utility fiber communications network between the Control Center/Back Up Control Center and the various substations
- Ensuring security is in place for the Electric SCADA and Relay networks
- Coordination of design, upgrade, operations and maintenance of the Electric operational technology network
- Involved in both operational/planning and CIP NERC compliance, including serving as the subject matter expert in this area
- GIS system management and oversight
EDUCATION, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE and REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field.
- Five years of professional experience with two years of Supervisory experience
- Experience with Electric SCADA systems and/or computer networking, including cyber security
- A team player with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- A forward and global thinker with a high level of initiative and creativity
- An outstanding negotiator skilled in conflict resolution
- Honest with a high degree of integrity; assertive and decisive
- Flexible, anticipating change and remaining open to new ideas
- Ability to obtain and maintain throughout their period of employment the required clearances to have unrestricted access to critical facilities consistent with FERC, NERC, and SERC reliability standards.
Individuals in these classifications are:
- Considered essential employees during emergency/storm events and must be able to work 16 hours per day for extended periods of time and may be required to be away from their family.
- Must be available to serve on-call and are subject to having to work outside of their assigned shift/schedule to meet operational needs.
- Must be able to distinguish between red and green.
HOW TO APPLY
A completed City of Tallahassee employment application is required. A resume may be attached to the application but will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. Applicants must apply on-line. If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at (850) 891-8214
The City of Tallahassee offers competitive salary and benefits. In addition to competitive salaries, the City offers a full slate of benefits for its employees including a defined benefit pension plan, City contribution to a 401K plan, cafeteria style benefit offerings including Flexbucks, 10 paid holidays, personal leave, sick leave, and catastrophic leave.
The City of Tallahassee is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications without regard to race, sex, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, or national origin. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability requiring accommodation, please call (850) 891-8214 for assistance. Preference will be given to veterans and spouses of veterans in appointment to non-exempted vacant positions and retention in employment in accordance with Florida Statues 295.085.