Silicon Valley Power
City of Santa Clara, CA
Electric Program Manager
Annual salary range: $162,348.00 to $210,084.00
Application deadline: Friday, October 8, 2021.
The City of Santa Clara’s Silicon Valley Power (SVP) is recruiting for two Electric Program Manager Positions within Utility. These positions require similar analytic and organizational management skills that are enhanced with specialized skill and knowledge concentrations. The Electric Program Manager is an “at will” management position responsible for managing multi-million-dollar customer-focused programs and projects in one of the following areas:
Clean Transportation/Electric Vehicles Concentration
Silicon Valley Power is seeking a visionary innovative professional to promote and coordinate electric-powered transportation for the City of Santa Clara and its community by de-carbonizing mobility and monitoring legislative regulations in addition to reporting and compliance. The ideal candidate will serve as a liaison to various City Departments as it prepares to electrify its fleet of city vehicles and ensures a positive customer experience while planning and managing capital improvements projects. The ideal candidate will be responsible for focusing on the deployment of customer facing programs, including EV incentives and infrastructure throughout the City of Santa Clara, in addition to managing value streams for EV infrastructure, including monetization of City-owned chargers, enhancing Low Carbon Fuel Standard revenue streams and encourage community EV adoption and EV demand. The ideal candidate should have the ability to establish a vision and leverage funding sources for EV infrastructure and adoption from the California Energy Commission, Bay Area Air Quality Management District, Federal Grant initiatives, Green House Gas reduction activities, as well as other entities.
Systems Support Concentration
Silicon Valley Power is seeking a dynamic professional to perform and manage work related to cybersecurity and technology solutions. This position will work with a diverse field of technical areas and will need to communicate with all levels of staff. Furthermore, the Program Manager will develop and manage contracts to meet the security and technology needs of SVP. Prior Information Technology (IT) experience is required. Prior cybersecurity, Microsoft 365, information/data infrastructure management, and matrixed project team management experience are desired.
The ideal candidate will be a proven professional who enjoys working in an environment of growth and expansion. Individuals should be solution-oriented and enjoy contributing to a collaborative culture and influencing progress. Strong candidates will be equally adept at managing technical operations as well as staff.
The ideal candidate should also:
- Have experience with utility processes and practices, either with an investor owned, municipal electric utility, or similar industry background.
- Have experience managing large complex capital projects and utilization of capital project management software programs for a private or public entity.
- Experience in public works and contracting is desirable.
- Possess skill and interest in providing positive leadership with staff.
- Have the ability to communicate with internal and external partners effectively.
Education and experience requirements for the Electric Program Manager include:
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Public or Business Administration, Environmental Sciences, Finance or a closely related field, and three (3) years of experience in managing and coordinating City or customer related programs, project management, or building facilities management.
- An advanced degree in Engineering, Public or Business Administration, Environmental Sciences or related field is desirable.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from Project Management Institute (PMI) or an equivalent certification from accredited program is desirable.
To apply online please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/CPSHRRS/jobs/3223114/electric-program-manager
For more information contact:
CPS HR Consulting
To view an online brochure for this position visit: https://online.flipbuilder.com/kper/lnbc/mobile/index.html
Silicon Valley Power website: www.siliconvalleypower.com
Silicon Valley Power is an equal opportunity employer.