City of Santa Clara, California
Silicon Valley Power
Electric Division Manager – System Contracts
Annual salary range: $186,684 to $241,608
The city provides a competitive benefits package.
Application deadline: Friday, April 30, 2021.
The City of Santa Clara’s Silicon Valley Power (SVP) is seeking an Electric Division Manager – Systems Contracts within the utility. The Electric Program Manager is an “at will” management position responsible for managing a division of the Electric Department.
The ideal candidate will be a proven professional who enjoys working in an environment of growth and expansion. Individuals should enjoy contributing to a collaborative culture and influencing progress. Strong candidates will be equally adept at managing technical information and contractual terms as well as working with people inside and outside of their organization. The ideal candidate should also:
- Have experience with utility processes and practices, either with an investor owned, municipal electric utility or similar industry background.
- Have experience managing an organization’s response in large complex stakeholder processes with an independent system operator and/or Federal Energy Regulatory Commission proceedings.
- Can understand complex legal agreements and the impact on providing services to customers.
- Can easily interact and develop professional relationships with various stakeholders.
- Can be organized in order to sufficiently manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Possess skill and interest in providing positive leadership with staff.
Education and experience requirements for the Electric Division Manager – Systems Contracts include:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in engineering, business, or a related field, and four years of responsible experience in engineering, administration, marketing, rate setting, resource planning, power contracts, power trading, risk management, communications, information technology, power operations, or maintenance in the electric utility industry or related field.
- Substitutions may be made with an advanced degree in engineering or business equaling two years of experience OR eight years of applicable electric utility or power plant operations and maintenance experience may equal the entire education requirement.
The City of Santa Clara (pop. 129,488) lies at the center of the Silicon Valley just 45 miles south of San Francisco. Incorporated in 1852, it is a city rich with history. Santa Clara University, the oldest institution of higher learning in California, is also home to the eighth of California’s 21 missions. Santa Clara has been named as one of the ten safest Cities in America; has been named as one of the most livable cities in America because of its outstanding quality of life and opportunities for individual and business success; and through the utility’s Santa Clara Green Power program, the City ranks 5th in the nation by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) among cities of any size for the amount of 100% green power usage by its customers’.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit a cover letter of not more than one page in which you specify the Electric Division Manager – System Contracts for which you are applying, resume, application, and a list of three professional references online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/CPSHRRS/jobs/3045978/electric-division-manager-system-contracts-silicon-valley-power
To view an online brochure, visit: https://executivesearch.cpshr.us/flyer?file=APPROVEDSantaClaraEDMSVP.pdf
City of Santa Clara website: https://www.santaclaraca.gov
The City of Santa Clara is an equal opportunity employer.