Filsinger Energy Partners (FEP) is a firm of experienced industry leaders who offer unparalleled expertise in valuation, restructuring, expert testimony, market analysis, interim management, independent engineering and risk management for the energy, industrial and manufacturing industries. FEP is headquartered in Denver, Colorado but we are accepting applications for remote workers for this position.
The Director will be responsible managing and overseeing nodal congestion and pricing studies, as well as power and energy market studies and the development of market forecasts. Additionally, the Director will be responsible for business development, staff mentorship, and thought leadership activities.
The Director will work closely with and oversee an integrated team to perform nodal pricing and congestion analysis. The Director also will contribute to a wide range of assignments applicable to our market forecasting group, including general modeling and forecasting. Primary project types may include the following.
- Congestion and curtailment analysis
- Nodal price forecasting and nodal basis risk analysis
- Strategic and transactional support to project developers, utilities, and lenders
- Market studies, including those related to energy and capacity pricing, renewables, and environmental regulations
- Resource planning analytics
The Director will be expected to develop and maintain strong client relationships to generate new projects and assignments for FEP. These expectations will include travel to client sites, conference attendance, and presentation development.
- Previous experience analyzing and forecasting electric power markets, including nodal congestion studies and nodal price forecasts
- Ability to run various power flow models such as PSS/E or PSLF
- Familiarity with all U.S. power markets, operations and structures
- Familiarity with fundamental power market models
- Previous experience with Aurora software is preferred
- Competence providing quality assurance/quality control for all work projects submitted to clients
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage the expectations of clients, FEP staff and any third-party which may be necessary to complete the work
- Interpersonal skills that include a teamwork attitude with a focus on meeting the client needs while striving for an enjoyable work environment for all FEP staf
- Significant existing relationships with clients and potential clients involved in the United States (and international) power and energy market
- At least a bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, finance, economics or other applicable area
- At least 10 years’ experience analyzing and/or modeling the electric power markets
- Experience with fundamental power market models (Aurora, PLEXOS, PROMOD or similar)
- Demonstrated experience in business development and generation of new revenue opportunities
$130,000 to $220,000 per year dependent on experience and education
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Discretionary Bonus based on firm and individual performance
- Referral program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts
Filsinger Energy Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualification, merit, and the business needs for the position.