Controller & Finance Optimization
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation
The Controller supervises functions that include the areas of property accounting, budgeting (capital and operating), consumer billing, business support and other special projects. Leads departmental efforts for financial process improvements, including system implementations and automation efforts.
- Manages the accumulation of data required for preparation and processing of the monthly general and subsidiary ledgers. Responsibilities are: (1) Planning for and oversight of system designs and controls in the general ledger system, and (2) the resolution of problems developing in this area.
- Oversees the customer billing. Planning for and oversight of system design and controls in the customer billing system, and the resolution of problems developing in this area of operations.
- Coordinates activities related to the annual independent audit of the cooperative's financial records with outside certified public accounting (CPA) firm. Oversees the preparation of year-end schedules and other documents requested by the audit firm
- Oversees responsibility for all accounting functions, systems, and reporting; for the applicable company and prepares consolidated financial information.
- Manages the accumulation and maintenance of the patronage capital program. Maintains detail records of patronage allocations and retirements by patron in accordance with the Board of Directors' guidelines.
- Executes the Budgeting process to prepare, analyze, present both the capital and operating budgets on an annual basis.
- Prepares internal reports and analyses and various external filings.
- Supports other finance organizations by organizing all accounting related data for lender filings, along with providing assistance to independent auditors in giving comfort on the data.
- Plans, designs/evaluates, implements and maintains accounting systems, accounting procedures and internal controls to safeguard assets and provide accurate financial statements.
- Evaluates changes in generally accepted accounting principles; develop procedures to incorporate changes into accounting records.
- Serves as primary coordinator and department lead for major system initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities for and drives the execution of major process improvement efforts across the department.
- Documents accounting processes and workflows.
- Handles stress effectively and work well with others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related similar field, plus at least 12 years total related experience, including 7 years’ management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA Certification.
- Excellent communication skills to explain accounting and financial concepts to others.
- Master’s degree in Accounting or MBA.
- 2 Retirement Plan Options
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 9 Paid holidays
- Educational assistance
- Paid time off accrual
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.