Community & Customer Affairs Representative II or III
UniSource Energy Electric
UNS Energy Corporation, headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, is a subsidiary of Fortis Inc., the largest investor-owned electric and gas distribution utility in Canada. UNS Energy Corporation’s public utility subsidiaries, Tucson Electric Power Company, UNS Electric, Inc. and UNS Gas, Inc., provide electric and gas service to customers in southern and northern Arizona. For more information about UNS Energy Corporation, visit http://www.uns.com .
UniSource Energy Services (UES) provides safe, reliable electric service to more than 91,000 customers in Mohave and Santa Cruz counties. In Mohave County, we provide service to Kingman, located in the high desert central portion of the county, and Lake Havasu City, situated in the low desert along the Colorado River. Our company looks for innovative ways of providing value, comfort, convenience and security to our customers every day. We’re evaluating cutting-edge energy technologies, reshaping our energy portfolio and expanding our renewable power and energy-efficiency programs. While our line of work can be challenging, it can also be rewarding. Our team of dedicated professionals values engagement, enthusiasm, innovation and collaboration. We're also a local leader in community service and volunteerism.
In return, UES offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes a 401k plan with a generous company match, a company-sponsored pension plan, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, long-term disability insurance and much more.
Perform all aspects of community and customer relationship management for UNS Energy Corporation companies, including UES Electric and UES Gas. Grow profitable electric and gas load by strengthening relationships with existing key business customers and community organizations. This includes the attraction and retention of new and existing business by understanding what drives their successes and being poised to offer assistance. Analyze customer load, explain bills, provide assistance with expansion scenarios, provide technical resources to resolve energy related issues. Provide knowledge on all aspects of the utility industry including distribution, transmission/transportation systems, generation, energy procurement, wholesale markets, and pricing. Understand and apply nuances of the regulated and competitive energy sectors. Provide all aspects of customer care, energy solutions and problem resolution. Understand, communicate, and negotiate technical energy issues when appropriate.
Research, develop and implement plans to help boost the economic vitality of communities served by UniSource Energy Services. Support economic development by promoting the community and ensuring that potential businesses find it is easy to do business with UES. Collaborate with community leaders for the betterment of Mohave County through participation in appropriate committees and groups. Support government relations outreach and engagement with city, county and state government officials in UES service areas.
- Understands UES customers’ businesses and energy needs.
- Develops a clear and comprehensive understanding of the client’s business issues and challenges.
- Recommends customer strategic direction for UES Electric and UES Gas.
- Analyze, develop and manage account plans to become energy advisor for assigned UES Customer’s. Identify and integrate new technologies and dynamic changes in the marketplace into the account plan for designated customers to retain and increase sales of products and services.
- Manage and disseminate appropriate customer intelligence.
- Must be able to understand, communicate, and negotiate on technical energy issues.
- Solid technical familiarity with the electric and gas utility industries; overall understanding of the electric and gas energy industries, trends, and products.
- Perform financial and performance analysis.
- Capable of constructing a customer’s needs analysis. Must have the ability to probe, question, and gather specific information about the customer, and track the information for short and long term projects. Perform and direct in-depth financial analysis of potential custom solution opportunities with customers.
- Maintain customer relationships. Must be able to communicate difficult issues constructively.
- Build and maintain effective long-term relationships and a high level of satisfaction with key decision makers and influencers.
- Establish relationships inside and outside of the organization that enhance the levels of cooperation, collaboration and trust.
- Prepare and deliver clear concise, timely and persuasive communications. Actively listen to others and promote the open exchange of ideas and opinions.
- Create internal teams, manage process, and communication. Encourage strategic solutions through cross-functional participation.
- Develop and deliver customer-centered solutions, providing exceptional experiences that meet or exceed customer requirements. Continually stretch to identify and provide new ways to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Collaborate with key representatives in the various economic-development agencies to help develop and execute strategies and tactics that will yield new jobs, improved prosperity and enhanced quality of life in the communities served, and increased revenue for the company.
- Help protect the company's investments in economic-development agencies by being a visible and vocal advocate for the company's interests with respect to those agencies.
- Build and maintain a repository of pertinent economic-development plans and dashboards, along with their associated metrics, and monitor and report on progress against those metrics. Identify and help recruit community "champions" for key metrics.
- Track activities of economic-development agencies to identify plans or actions that may not be in the best interests of the company, alert the appropriate company personnel to such plans or actions and, if warranted, coordinate responses.
- Act as a liaison between economic-development agencies and the company to facilitate the flow of information and the fulfillment of specific requests by agencies for support in recruitment efforts.
- Travels as necessary.
- This position may provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the UNS Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies and Procedures
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
(Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.)
A Bachelor’s degree
Must have a working knowledge of the technical principles of electric and gas delivery systems and their impact on commercial customer processes and energy needs
Strong mathematical and financial analysis skills
Must have the ability to understand the customer’s business processes and related energy needs. Must have the ability to develop strategic customer engagement plans.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with customers and all levels of company personnel
Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
Knowledge of electric and gas industry – demand, energy, electric energy options (i.e. self-generation) ACC and FERC regulatory issues, deregulation in Arizona and nationwide, Pipeline Safety Rules
Knowledge of UES Electric and UES Gas Rules & Regulations, Policies and Procedures and the Arizona Administrative Code
Knowledge of electric and gas infrastructure – generation source, transmission, distribution
Knowledge of electric and gas pricing – UES electric tariffs, competitive pricing, pricing negotiation for special contract and deregulation shopping credits
Company’s sales, marketing and operating processes
Company’s products and services
Industry trends and product applications
In addition to the minimum qualifications of Level II:
A bachelor’s degree and two or more years of directly related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have mathematical and financial analysis skills, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to understand customers’ business processes.
Must have had exposure to industry knowledge.
In addition to the minimum qualifications of Level II:
Must have the ability to make strategic decisions and recommendations.
Must have the ability to excel in inter-personal relationships and difficult communications.
Preferred qualifications of Level III.
3 – 5 years’ experience in direct/outside sales and marketing consultative selling
Full understanding of company offerings and operations or processes.
Proficient understanding of the needs of the customer base, typically major to very large commercial customers.
Partners with internal business partners to address the unique needs of our assigned and unassigned customers.
Advanced understanding of all applicable company offerings and operations and processes.
Advanced understanding of the needs of the customer base, the company’s largest commercial customers.
Considered subject matter expert for a given customer segment and is an expert on the technologies associated with a customer’s operations.
Works with internal business partners to address the needs of our customers and developing comprehensive solutions/offerings that address complex needs across all customer segments.
Works with Supervisor to develop and implement department strategies where appropriate.
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.
About this Employer
If you’re looking for a career with a company with a focus on working in a manner that prevents injury, providing safe, reliable service to its customers, and making a difference in the communities it serves, then you've come to the right place.
We're more than a utility company.
UniSource Energy Services (UES) provides safe, reliable electric service to more than 91,000 customers in Mohave and Santa Cruz counties. In Mohave County, we provide service to Kingman, located in the high desert central portion of the county, and Lake Havasu City, situated in the low desert along the Colorado River. We're also a local leader in community service and volunteerism.