The Chief Engineer position is an exceptional opportunity to provide leadership in Engineering functions in the picturesque Hill Country town of Kerrville, Texas. The Chief Engineer is a management position that reports to the General Manager/CEO.
Chief Engineer position oversees all Engineering functions and staff, including distribution, substation, and energy efficiency. Other responsibilities include wholesale power procurement, purchasing, load and sale forecasts, budgets, rates, and regulatory compliance. Act in the capacity of the General Manager/CEO as assigned in their absence.
• BS Degree in Electrical Engineering and registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas.
• Ten years of progressive responsibility in distribution design and system planning.
• Ten years of progressive engineering management experience.
• Familiarity with the Texas Public Purchasing standards.
• Familiarity with the ERCOT market and protocols.
• Familiarity with NERC/TRE reliability standards and requirements.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license and good driving record.
• Must be physically and mentally able to perform the essential functions of the job described with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Must be Bondable.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Oversee all Distribution System Engineering functions, including customer extensions, overhead and underground maintenance and construction programs, system improvements, and engineering standards.
• Oversee all Substation engineering functions and staff, including maintenance, construction, and system improvements.
• Oversee Energy Efficiency programs and staff, including development and execution of programs, community education, and outreach.
• Oversee purchasing and warehouse functions and staff.
• Assist the General Manager/CEO with wholesale power supply procurement as required, including assessing long, mid, and short term requirements, energy supply risk management activities, monthly power cost adjustment calculations, power bill estimates, and other ERCOT market activities.
• Prepare the system load and sales forecasts, KPUB capital improvement plan, and department O&M budgets.
• Oversee the review and development of rates to ensure adequate revenue based on the cost of service.
• Responsible for KPUB building and facilities maintenance and improvements.
• Represent KPUB in public, including presentations to the Board, City Council, community organizations, and media.
All other assignments as directed by the General Manager/CEO.
ABOUT KERRVILLE, TEXAS
Kerrville is a vibrant community nestled away in the heart of the Texas Hill Country along the beautiful Guadalupe River. The town was originally settled in the mid-1800s. Today, Kerrville boasts a community rich in culture, heritage, and tranquil outdoor activities.
The community’s majestic scenery, friendly people, and relaxing atmosphere make Kerrville a true Hill Country paradise to call your home.
KPUB’s mission is to be a responsive & efficient, locally-owned provider of reliable, high-quality utility service at the lowest responsible price.
Everything KPUB does goes toward serving our customers and our community’s best interest. Our employees are dedicated to powering the homes and businesses here with the best service possible.