Avista seeks highly-motivated, productive and innovative contributor to work both in a team environment and independently in our Energy Supply Analysis Group to solve multi-discipline problems. The individual will assist preparing economic evaluations of electric resource alternatives, analyze and model Avista thermal, hydroelectric and contract resources, and provide input into its resource planning processes. The analyst also will prepare analyses and draft testimony in support of regulatory filings, including general rate cases and integrated resource plans. The position will support Avista’s transformation to achieve 100% renewable energy under the Washington State Clean Energy Transformation Act (CETA).
Depending on the successful applicant’s background and experience, they will be hired into one of the three positions below. Avista welcomes analysts with transferrable experience from other industries; it also will offer mentoring and training for candidates selected to fill Level 1 or Level 2 analyst position to achieve a Level 3 position.
Level 1: Entry Power Supply Analyst
- Four-year college degree in Operations Research, Mathematics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or related field
- Beginning to intermediate spreadsheet and database skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work as a team and independently
- Exposure to financial and economic analyses methods are preferred
- Exposure to Industrial process operations and/or dispatch modeling are preferred
Level 2: Power Supply Analyst – in addition to Level 1:
- Intermediate to advanced spreadsheet and database skills
- Intermediate to advanced financial and economic analysis skills
- Industrial process operations and/or dispatch modeling experience
- Knowledge of the northwest energy marketplace is preferred
- Basic programming skills including VBA, Python and/or C#
Level 3: Senior Power Supply Analyst – in addition to Level 1 & 2:
- Advanced skills in many Level 1/Level 2 requirements
- Recognized expert in electric utility industry; capable as an expert witness
- Ability to mentor junior staff
A graduate degree may substitute for some of the experience requirements.
Complete an online application and attach your resume and cover letter to your profile. All documents must be attached to your application at the time of submitting your application for review. No documents can be attached after you click "Submit".
Important COVID-19 Guidance for Candidates
Avista Corporation is currently required under state law to provide workers who are vaccinated against COVID-19 for certain projects with state agencies. Additionally, Avista Corporation anticipates that in the near future, it may be required under law to ensure that all employees are vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a an approved exemption and accommodation for a medical condition or a sincerely-held religious belief precluding vaccination. By completing this application, you certify that you understand and acknowledge this potential for a mandatory vaccination policy.