Billing Workstream Lead
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation
Position: Billing Workstream Lead
Location: Remote within service area territories: DE, MD, OH, PA, VA, NC, GA, FL
Your role in our success will be…
Responsibility for exhibiting Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values, regarding external customers, agencies, vendors, internal departments and co-workers. This position is directly responsible for leading the Billing Workstream supporting our Customer Care team for an SAP implementation project working collaboratively with their IT counterpart. The Billing Workstream Lead must be an experienced Customer Care professional with a strong understanding of meter to case processes, utility billing, and strong knowledge of SAP capabilities. Successful candidate should know and demonstrate knowledge of best practices, regulatory structure, SOX compliance, etc. As the Billing Workstream Lead, expectations include serving as the expert on the billing process with the ability to convert current processes to SAP capabilities, identify improvements, collaborate with Customer Care leadership team, and coordinate all requirements for the system roll out with respective SMEs and ultimately receive buy-in and approval from the Billing Process Owner (Manager, Billing/Back-Office). Expectations for the role include a strong understanding of executing a fit gap analysis of the SAP template with the current process and possessing the required skill level to uncover potential improvements. The Lead will drive project success and support the business and project team to ensure a high-quality implementation of the new billing system.
What makes us great:
At the heart of our Company is a dedication to delivering energy that drives progress. We put people first, work to keep them safe and build trusting relationships.
What you’ll be working on…
- Acting as a primary contact and coordinating the solution for all billing functions alongside IT counterpart
- Leading the workstream in collaboration with technical resources to finalize design that meets specifications regarding billing reports, workflow, and necessary forms.
- Collaborating with vendors, IT, and various team members actively contributing to Blueprint (design phase)/Fit Gap activities to ensure proper deployment of the standard billing system template.
- Coordinating Business and project team approvals for Blueprint documents and detailed design documents (FD) in alignment with Process Owner as well as other necessary SMEs.
- Making relevant questions/paying attention to the right details in Blueprint workshops by representing Customer Care translating the discussions to business language.
- Having delegation authority from Process Owner to make decisions on project activities for your domain inside the project scope.
- Reporting to Process Owner on project progress, decisions made, key accomplishments, and risks having full transparency about actual project status in the billing functional area.
- Accountability for all deadlines and deliverables within the billing workstream.
- Having authority to give instructions to external and internal resources in billing functional area.
- Effectively delegating appropriate tasks within team, identifying, closing and communicating any skill gaps.
- Supporting change management activities confirming and validating business needs are met.
- Supporting the execution of Testing alongside IT partner for Integration Testing (ITC) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Performing data validation activities as appropriate.
Who you are...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related Business field; or experience in lieu of education.
- 5+ years of utility billing experience. Advanced understanding of billing principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of SAP functional modules and ability to utilize SAP functional knowledge for issues and implementation opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement for prudent decision making.
- Working knowledge of utility billing, procedures and regulations as they pertain to the Company and the utility industry including the respective Public Service Commission regulations and requirements.
- Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and collaborate across departments and levels.
- Willingness to travel as business needs dictate (estimated 20% travel).
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to work extended hours.
- Proficient English language skills (written & spoken).
- Project management skills and experience working across functions, cultures, etc.
- Quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Collection & Payment Processing experience preferable.
- Experience leading work teams through change on medium and large-scale projects preferable.
- Experience using Azure DevOps, MS Teams, and MS Project preferable.
Where you’ll be working…
- Remote, home based working environment with some travel needed (up to 20%)
Benefits/what’s in it for you?
- Flexible work arrangement
- Competitive base salary
- Fantastic opportunities for career growth
- Cooperative, supportive and empowered team atmosphere
- Annual bonus and salary increase opportunities
- Monthly recognition events
- Endless wellness initiatives and community events
- Robust and customizable benefit packages-choose what works best with your life. Options include generous 401k, medical, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, compensated volunteer hours and MORE!
- Paid time off, holidays and a separate bank of sick time!
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.